• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Langkawi

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Stage 5 picture.

20130225_1668.jpg

Almost with the same atmosphere as in Tour of Qatar.

Ferminal said:
@myltdl The average speed after three hours of racing is 48.4km/h

I think if it's not a breakaway it will be a pretty hard "sprinter" who wins, maybe someone like Haas.

Von Hoff in the break away so if that stays away he will be a really good chance. If they get caught maybe they will go with Haas, try to move him up the GC a place or two

But some more teams are going to have to help out at the back if they plan to catch them. Don't what Haas to lose any placings and he only has 50 seconds buffer on rolland/Serge but Von Hoff is in a great position for a stage win so don't see Garmin helping out.

theyoungest said:
Leezer is a Flandrien, he probably liked this better than the heat. He's also had a career beset by bad luck, including a bad crash late last year, so this is a well deserved first pro win.

Definately great news! Really happy for the guy which had his fair share of bad luck and most of all did a lot of work for the team and now gets his win.

Blanco keeps on winning, allthough I allready know they will not likely win the real big races. Aslong as they are near the top for those races and not completely invisilble it's ok. Afterall they miss an absolute top rider in every department.
Sprint, just behind the top. (Bos, Renshaw)
Climbing, just behind the top. (Gesink, Mollema)
Cobbles, just behind the top. (Boom, Vanmarcke)
Hilly, just behind the top. (Mollema, Slagter)
etc.

So I guess it's good they win a lot of 'smaller' races, because let's be realistic it's unlikely they will win a lot of big races.

Kwibus said:
19-9-2013 in the last km of Omloop het Houtland Leezer crashed hard with several broken bones and deep cuts.
Can't find which bones he broke though, but it was pretty messy.

Nice comeback.

According to this article he broke among others his shoulder blade, 2 ribs and he had a heavy concussion. Indeed a nice comeback, hope he will reach his 2009-10 shape again.

http://www.wos.nl/nieuws/item/20121030-tom-leezer-op-de-weg-terug/

Stage 6:
NED 1 LEEZER, Thomas (BLANCO) 4:33:42
KOR 2 JUNG, Ji Min (KSPO) + 27
POL 3 GOLAS, Michal (OMEGA PHARMA - QUICK-STEP) + 35
VEN 4 RODRIGUEZ, Jackson (ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI)
AUS 5 MEYER, Travis (ORICA GREENEDGE)
ITA 6 GUARDINI, Andrea (ASTANA) + 40
AUS 7 DAVIS, Allan (ORICA GREENEDGE)
USA 8 KEOUGH, Jacobe (UNITEDHEALTHCARE)
MAS 9 SALEH, Mohd Zamri (TERENGGANU)
MAS 10 MANAN, Anuar (SYNERGY BAKU CYCLING PROJECT)

GC:
COL 1 ARREDONDO MORENO, Julian David (NIPPO - DE ROSA) 22:17:48
NED 2 WEENING, Pieter (ORICA GREENEDGE) + 1:16
ESP 3 PARDILLA BELLON, Sergio (MTN - QHUBEKA) + 2:10
USA 4 STETINA, Peter (GARMIN SHARP) + 2:32
CHN 5 MEIYIN, Wang (HENGXIANG) + 2:40
AUS 6 HAAS, Nathan (GARMIN SHARP) + 2:48
ITA 7 BALIANI, Fortunato (NIPPO - DE ROSA) + 2:55
DEN 8 EBSEN, John Bohn (SYNERGY BAKU CYCLING PROJECT)
ETH 9 GRMAY, Tsgabu Gebremaryam (MTN - QHUBEKA) + 2:58
IRI 10 KOLAHDOZHAGH, Amir (TABRIZ PETROCHEMICAL)

A couple of changes in the top 10.

Edit: there are some conflicting reports about the GC standing. The above could be wrong.

Edit again: GC above is confirmed.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Stetina is a bit dissapointement for me, I expected him to do next step. Arredondo was great. I don't understand how Weening could finish second in stage 5...was it such a poor field or what?
Rolland...one of the most overhyped guys around.

TRENDING THREADS