• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de l'Avenir 2016, August 20-27

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Been on the road(no, in a car) all day, much bigger gaps than I expected. Sure long final climb but not that hard is it? But probably ridden hard this stage, unlike a pro race would normally.

Some gaps in GC, but think it's still wide open.

Tomorrow and Saturday live for an hour or so before Vuelta in my eurosport player (think it's the same all over, unlike tv?).

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Samamba said:
TMP402 said:
Samamba said:
So sad that Mas isn't here, he would've had a great team.

And a bit disappointed in the Tao's teammates, where are Davies & Knox?

DNF and 23 minutes down, respectively.

Yeah, i see. Pretty bad, but Tao wasn't that good either. Same with guys like Frankiny, Powless, Martinez, Narvaez, Carboni, ... who were really disappointing.
Yeah, many good riders had a bad day, that was rather unexpected. Tomorrow could be total carnage.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Charly_Gaul said:
Samamba said:
Bushman said:
How far behind was Bernal in the end?

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_de_Avenir_2016_Stage_6

Massive gaps.
Don't think anyone can beat Gaudu if he doesn't have a bad day like in Isard.

Ravasi.

Gaudu is not going to win, he's not consistent enough.
Ravasi is also not the most consistent rider, he often has a rather bad day in a stage race, even if he's already 22 years old and therefore probably a bit more mature as a rider.

Charly_Gaul said:
Samamba said:
Bushman said:

Massive gaps.

Ravasi.

Yeah i thought that too before I saw him in the Tour de l'Ain where he survived 1 medium mountain and 2 real mountain stages between pros. We'll see, tomorrow will be D-day. Ravasi is definitely the more experienced one, but I still think Gaudu can hold on (he has a strong team). Maybe Costa & Bernal can do better today and get into the mix. Also, let's not underestimate Vanhoucke, maybe he can surprise again. Probably not though because all of his previous great performances were followed by a pretty bad day.

Charly_Gaul said:
Samamba said:
Bushman said:

Massive gaps.

Ravasi.

Based on what do you think Gaudu is not consistent enough? I think he is the favourite for the GC but a lot can still happen with two hard stages left and some teams who want to make it a very hard race.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:

No pictures of the battle for the win between Gaudu, Ravasi and Vanhoucke though. Apparently Ravasi & Gaudu attacked with 12k to go. 3km further they already had a gap of 50" to the Costa group. With 9km to go Vanhoucke attacked and 6kms later he caught Ravasi & Gaudu (who caught the last survivers of the break, Rodriguez & Schlegel). Vanhouche tried to overtake them immediately but Gaudu countered.

TRENDING THREADS