• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de l'Avenir 2016, August 20-27

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Krokro said:
Thepirateisgood said:
Gaudu, Ravasi fighting hard. Bernal looks weaker but maybe he does an Atapuma?

It's live on eurosport I think? 9k to go.

Schultz should have this but looks like fading

Leave the board, we just saw the end here. Run or you gonna spoil yourself :lol:

Ahah, thx alot m8, owe you one :)

Set a new world record in alt-f4 there. (and didn't see the posts above, thankfully)

Good race, awful coverage/gap times.

How long was Schultz solo?

1 @DavidGaudu
2 @edward_ravasi +21"
3 @AdrienCosta +1'20
4 @Harm_VH +1'30
5 Schlegel +1'57

Looks like there is gonna be a battle for the first plance between Gaudu & Ravasi, if Gaudu is as strong as he is now, Ravasi doesn't stand a chance though, and a battle for the last podium place and the top 5 between Costa, Vanhoucke, Schlegel, Bernal & Hindley tomorrow.

Re:

Samamba said:
Who is Hindley btw.. He was already very strong yesterday and today again?

Hindley is very much on the radar of OBE for 2018 as is another Aussie rider in the race - Schulz is a stagiare for OBE in 2017 - Schulz has surprised as a few doubted whether he is WT standard.

One or two of the Aussie based posters will have more information on Hindley.

Re:

Samamba said:
1 @DavidGaudu
2 @edward_ravasi +21"
3 @AdrienCosta +1'20
4 @Harm_VH +1'30
5 Schlegel +1'57

Looks like there is gonna be a battle for the first plance between Gaudu & Ravasi, if Gaudu is as strong as he is now, Ravasi doesn't stand a chance though, and a battle for the last podium place and the top 5 between Costa, Vanhoucke, Schlegel, Bernal & Hindley tomorrow.
We'll see plenty of all-or-nothing attacks tomorrow. I very much doubt Costa and others are out for first place, since the stage is EXTREMELY short those type of attacks tend to have a higher chance of succeeding. I think it'll depend more on how strong Gaudu's teammates are, rather than Gaudu himself.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Kämna was much stronger than yesterday, that's a good thing, maybe he'll be able to fight for a stage win, but his sprint really sucks, so he pretty much has to arrive solo.
Matteo Fabbro is a pleasant surprise, I knew that he's a good rider, but still.

Re: Re:

yaco said:
Samamba said:

Hindley is very much on the radar of OBE for 2018 as is another Aussie rider in the race - Schulz is a stagiare for OBE in 2017 - Schulz has surprised as a few doubted whether he is WT standard.

Hindley is a climbing talent similar to Power. Not as versatile as Haig but looks promising.

Schulz has surprised me, he's been in Europe for a while now so he hasn't been seen too much back home apart from the summer. He was getting picked apart by guys like Hepburn, McCarthy, Jordan Kerby (Drapac) in our summer Crits, so I was struggling to see what the fuss is about. Obviously he can go uphill, just isn't really a rouleur.

Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
yaco said:
Samamba said:

Hindley is a climbing talent similar to Power. Not as versatile as Haig but looks promising.

Schulz has surprised me, he's been in Europe for a while now so he hasn't been seen too much back home apart from the summer. He was getting picked apart by guys like Hepburn, McCarthy, Jordan Kerby (Drapac) in our summer Crits, so I was struggling to see what the fuss is about. Obviously he can go uphill, just isn't really a rouleur.

Similar to Power :eek: ?

I just checked some Strava data and it looks like Hindley rode the fastest climb (Valmeinier) today. It's not even close, he was behind the Gaudu group at the start of the climb.

TRENDING THREADS