• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de San Luis 2012, 3ª Etapa: Estancia Grande - Mirador del Potrero (168 km)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Plankton2.jpg

Yes! The ITT!

maltiv said:
Perhaps people expected him to be, err, less "prepared" than he surely was back then.

Maybe he is. People were saying he must be back to his old tricks when he won the Asturias TT last year, but beating the likes of Hugo Sabido and Sergey Shilov by a few seconds is hardly the same as squashing Cancellara after two all-day mountain breaks.

Maybe Schumacher's 'prepared' for this race, or maybe he isn't. I don't know.

But what I do know is, the Vuelta a San Luís is probably going to be one of the bigger races that Christina Watches are going to do, so he's more likely to be in form than many of the World Tour riders. I'm not a Schumacher fan, just think it's a bit unfair to castigate any even halfway good performance, when in context, it's pretty irrelevant and so half the people he's beating aren't in form, have bigger fish to fry at other races, and most of the other half are people you'd expect him to beat anyway.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
will10 said:
I'm feeling pedantic. Eros Poli won a Ventoux stage but it wasn't a MTF, the finish was after the 40km odd descent.

Ye u are right. Forgot that it had a decent

But didnt Haedo junior win this particular stage a few years back? He for sure weigh more than an overweight Contador (0;

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
Ye u are right. Forgot that it had a decent

But didnt Haedo junior win this particular stage a few years back? He for sure weigh more than an overweight Contador (0;

IIRC Lucas Haedo won from a break?

Lupetto said:
1. Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank) 4:29:27
2. Levi Leipheimer (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) m.t.
3. Miguel Ángel Rubiano (Androni) a 5
4. Stefan Schumacher (Christina Watches) a 9
5. Dani Díaz (San Luis Somos Todos) a 12
6. Cayetano Sarmiento (Liquigas) a 26
7. Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas) m.t.
8. José Serpa (Androni) m.t.
9. Luis Mansilla (Chile) m.t.
10. Giovanni Visconti (Movistar Team) a 35
11. David Arroyo (Movistar Team) m.t.
12. Sylvain Chavanel (Omega Pharma-Quick Step) m.t.
13. Jonathan Clarke (UnitedHealthcare) m.t.
14. Didier Chaparro (Comcel) m.t.
15. Josué Moyano (Caja Rural) m.t.

I thought someone mentioned that Rassmussen was in the picture near the end?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
”It was a perfect day for us with total control. Going towards the first climb we were in the first line and we put Jesus (Hernandez) in the breakaway in the climb and gained control of the pack on the descent and reeled in the escapees before launching Alberto (Contador) on the final ascent. He was superb. Naturally, he's not going to be in shape for the Tour just now but still he's the best. It was simply a great feeling watching him take off and take that first season win and we'll try to defend the leader's jersey.

from the saxo web

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
How can you not?? Even when he says he's not there for the win, he still entertains. Just a joy to watch compete.

I had to go out to a Fashion thingy that my daughter was in at college and was trying to follow messages on Twitter....my wife slapped me but I kept trying. When Berto is on the road in a race I want to be watching, I want to pick up on the sheer pleasure he obviously gets from winning races and the excitement you get from not knowing what he's going to do next.

If CAS can't see the reality (sorry...mine and La Floricita's reality) of this I'll just switch cycling off for the next two years because it will be as boring as sin!