• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2012: Stage 5;Trimbach/Olten → Gansingen 193 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Finally.....
Those other teams would be idiots to chase again and set up sagan for another sprint win

And if they don't chase then Oss can take the sprint win:)

roundabout said:
Good composition of the break. KAT, LIQ, SKY present.

With Haussler out, only Astana seems to be the obious team to chase.

Lampre and Greenedge. And doesn't Garmin still have Tyler?

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Yeah, forgot about them.

But I am not certain that Farrar can get over the hills.

He's actually been pretty good at getting over hills lately but he doesn't seem to be able to sprint anymore!

Ticker says Frank Schleck is getting some sort of penalty for not meeting race obligations? Probably missed sign in to talk to his brother.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've wondered about this stage...if RSNT will try any GC moves using Cancellara, but probably not with the ITT looming. Sagan most likely. I can see Olympic gold in his future.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
I've wondered about this stage...if RSNT will try any GC moves using Cancellara, but probably not with the ITT looming. Sagan most likely. I can see Olympic gold in his future.

I dont get what you mean with Canc; he is 12 minutes or so on GC...

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:
I dont get what you mean with Canc; he is 12 minutes or so on GC...

Stage 3 here in 2010: he set up Frank for a win on an unrated finishing climb, the field just splinted, but the parcours may not be the same, but I remember Fabs set it up.

BillytheKid said:
Stage 3 here in 2010: he set up Frank for a win on an unrated finishing climb, the field just splinted, but the parcours may not be the same, but I remember Fabs set it up.

well those years are past us, fortunately for me, unfortunately for those who are bored with sagan winning, unless cancellara TT whole stage he will not get rid of sagan in the of the stage in 3rd category climb, an there is !!!-100% !!! possibility that he would do him in the finishing unrated climb

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
BillytheKid said:

Sagan gets no teammates this Olympics which is very unfortunate because the course would be great for him.

dlwssonic said:
If he had a team he would have made sure cav wouldn't be there in the final sprint.

But plenty of other teams will work hard to dry to drop Cav, so Sagan is still a big favourite for the Olympics even without a team IMO. Also, won't he have the Velits' there..?