• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2014: Stage 1 TT Bellinzona - Bellinzona 9.4 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nope, Dumoulin again the only rider within a touch of Martin.
Also, Dumoulin is not far from the world top on short climbs. It's not exactly alpe d'huez is it...

But he must be tired of getting 2nd to Tony all the time.

Very nice performance by Mollema and Slagter. Mollema even being the best on the climb.
Mollema really did smash it on the climb, almost 3km/h faster than pozzovivo and co. Oh well.

Somebody said earlier that his third split could be wrong. He gained a lot of time there but then lost to pretty much everybody in the last section.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
11 sec is not a lot, but it was expected he'll do better anyway. He wasn't racing 6 weeks, since Liege, that could be the problem.
Yeah,thats what I meant,that he was expected to do a bit better.But the second tt and mountains shoud be decisive this year;)
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Nope, Dumoulin again the only rider within a touch of Martin.
Also, Dumoulin is not far from the world top on short climbs. It's not exactly alpe d'huez is it...

But he must be tired of getting 2nd to Tony all the time.

Very nice performance by Mollema and Slagter. Mollema even being the best on the climb.
Mollema really did smash it on the climb, almost 3km/h faster than pozzovivo and co. Oh well.

Yep,I was clearly wrong.On the other hand,the win would have been too much success for you Dutch:D,you are doing pretty damn good these days in sports I think:D

ILovecycling said:
Yeah,thats what I meant,that he was expected to do a bit better.But the second tt and mountains shoud be decisive this year;)

Yep,I was clearly wrong.On the other hand,the win would have been too much success for you Dutch:D,you are doing pretty damn good these days in sports I think:D

I feel we were due for a little succes after being the king of the lower steps of the podium for the last few years :eek:

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
There weren't many people with such a long race pause so it was expected little bit. Somebody raced Giro, ohter Norway at least and so on. It's difficult to go right of training in form. As you say, it will be decided later. It's Kreuziger you know - you have to be prepared fot little disappointments any time if you are his fan ;)
I'm surprised with Pardilla's TT. What happpened for gods sakes? And with Costa too. Maybe it's because of his weight loss. Somebody said he was never goo in prologues. Dunno.
And Acevedo had pretty good TT, hope he'll get free hand somewhere.

TRENDING THREADS