• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2021 (June 6-13)

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
First time I feel sorry for Fuglsang

I don't think there's any reason to feel sorry for him. Maybe if had been caught closer to the finish or if he had worked with Carapaz, not that it wasn't the smartest thing not to do that, I would agree, but in the end he just made the wrong decision, because he wasn't up against Remco or someone with the same sprint ability.

Reactions: RedheadDane
That was fun to watch.
INEOS will be a tough team to control at the Tour.
Strong ride from Carapaz.

Fuglsang probably should've ridden more conservative.
But he was going for it all out.

And a great showing from Chaves.
Including the driveway episode.
That's the spirit.

They'll be tough but let's face it, on a day like today, Jumbo and UAE probably have 3 guys each in the main group there riding tempo for Pog and Rog, and it seems unlikely both teams will be off at the same time.

As expected, steep escape from the Rhone valley proved difficult for cyclists. Chavez started strong but he payed for his efforts (also missed a turn on the descent). Fulgsang attacked later but was strong until the end. At some point I stopped expecting Carapaz's attack as he was at the end of the group looking weaker. It was a bluff obviously and he timed his attack perfectly. It was demonstration of power by the Ecuadorian ahead of the Tour. Oh man, Ineos is looking incredibly strong, this tour will be a clash of the titans.

They'll be tough but let's face it, on a day like today, Jumbo and UAE probably have 3 guys each in the main group there riding tempo for Pog and Rog, and it seems unlikely both teams will be off at the same time.
Yes, UAE and JV are more than capable to respond. They'll only need a common 'cause. Not that often case in the pro peloton.
INEOS have a full deck to play on though.

We should praise the attackers. They make the race more fun. Had Chaves stayed in that group all the time I am sure he would have dropped them in the last climb. But it was more fun like this.

Richie looks very fit and thin!!!!!

Chaves probably needed to wait for his attack until 3 or 4km from the top of the second last climb - Anyway he is riding well - The question is will he be allowed to get into a break in the second half of the TDF as he is not riding GC.

TRENDING THREADS