• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2024, June 9 - 16

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alberto Bettiol is absolutely flying these last few weeks, guy is going great. Good move by Marc Hirschi, same thing for Nys, guy is flying first class for a couple of months, form is great!!
The real big winner today.. The Mexican mad man,( boy!) Isaac Del Toro leaping up another almost 40 spots to move into a manageable 45th at : 47 seconds behind!! Del Toro in limbo for sure w Fisher-Black and Swiss Jan Christen in top ten in support of 9 seconds out, Joao Almedia. Del Toro respectfully positioned @2 minutes ahead of today's stage winner, Nys!!!

Alberto Bettiol is absolutely flying these last few weeks, guy is going great. Good move by Marc Hirschi, same thing for Nys, guy is flying first class for a couple of months, form is great!!
The real big winner today.. The Mexican mad man,( boy!) Isaac Del Toro leaping up another almost 40 spots to move into a manageable 45th at : 47 seconds behind!! Del Toro in limbo for sure w Fisher-Black and Swiss Jan Christen in top ten in support of 9 seconds out, Joao Almedia. Del Toro respectfully positioned @2 minutes ahead of today's stage winner, Nys!!!
You are aware placings are rather meaningless for GC when everything is this close together and all mountain stages are still to come? He's less than 50s behind in GC, that's all that matters for now.

• Wow
Reactions: jmdirt and wirral
You are aware placings are rather meaningless for GC when everything is this close together and all mountain stages are still to come? He's less than 50s behind in GC, that's all that matters for now.
Can't I be allowed to have crumbs!!? Yes I am aware that the top 55 riders are separated by a minute or less. If you are trying to hurt my feelings, make me tear up, it's working!! Why so mean? I was never allowed to be a cheerleader before!! Let me have my time!! Raul Alcala stopped racing really in 1994 !! Viva Mexico!! Go Isaac!!! I gotta say your pay attention to detail is impressive, only to be out done by your knowledge of racing. I like it when it is not turned on me!!( lol)

Can't I be allowed to have crumbs!!? Yes I am aware that the top 55 riders are separated by a minute or less. If you are trying to hurt my feelings, make me tear up, it's working!! Why so mean? I was never allowed to be a cheerleader before!! Let me have my time!! Raul Alcala stopped racing really in 1994 !! Viva Mexico!! Go Isaac!!! I gotta say your pay attention to detail is impressive, only to be out done by your knowledge of racing. I like it when it is not turned on me!!( lol)
I don't think my message was mean, at least it wasn't meant to be mean. If anything, regarding to Del Toro, it was nothing but positive, since a 47s gap in GC is not the end of the world, regardless his disastrous prologue. But honestly, from your post it did seem you were giving a lot of weight to insignificant facts.

About the guys, which would bring Nys to the tour.
Lidl has Pedersen, which is a rider with a very similar profile like Nys, so I can't see Lidl bringing Nys this year to the tour!
They shouldn't bring him to the Tour because it was never the plan, and he's been on fire for over a month. Bringing him to the Tour next month would only see him completely burned out.

Carlton, is that you?

Logic, stats are there for manipulation!! Del Toro day one 161st, day two 86th and day three 45th in many households for sure, insignificant. In this house that is solid progress, from solid riding for a 20 year old who just started, still using skin cream!! I know what you are saying. You are not mean..all in good clean fun..
Tomorrow is an issue, everyone decent is going to heat it up and the breakaway management being a huge factor. Don't know who wants to drill the start, climb isn't much and then @30k at the end. My silly stats about 55 guys within a minute is going to really change. Only real question is will any of the favorites crack, crack each other on the climb. And telegraphing my wishes I hope Del Toro does well.. And how will Hirschi hang is a question.. Kung is going well.. I am saying him or Christen tomorrow

Logic, stats are there for manipulation!! Del Toro day one 161st, day two 86th and day three 45th in many households for sure, insignificant. In this house that is solid progress, from solid riding for a 20 year old who just started, still using skin cream!! I know what you are saying. You are not mean..all in good clean fun..
Tomorrow is an issue, everyone decent is going to heat it up and the breakaway management being a huge factor. Don't know who wants to drill the start, climb isn't much and then @30k at the end. My silly stats about 55 guys within a minute is going to really change. Only real question is will any of the favorites crack, crack each other on the climb. And telegraphing my wishes I hope Del Toro does well.. And how will Hirschi hang is a question.. Kung is going well.. I am saying him or Christen tomorrow
I expect him in the top 20 of GC by end of day tomorrow.

Carlton, is that you?
No chance Stevie Williams didn't get a name check

Nys!

I find it interesting that many of the young (20s) fast guys have dirt/CX backgrounds.
MvdP, WvA, Tom P, Merlier (might be 30), PFP, Vos, Nys...I'm obviously missing some (including several young ladies who just haven't made their mark on the road yet)...

Stybar, Sagan, Evans from the past. :)

Reactions: Sandisfan
Today's finish (+1k of flat in the end):

SanGottardoN.gif

First time that they do the Gotthard finish from this side, which is unfortunately not as good as the Tremola from the south. At least they take the old cobbled road for the final part instead of the Autobahn, though, and apparently there are still walls of snow :)