• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Swiss on Versus

Race Radio said:
I hear they are going have daily coverage all week. Nice

I think everyone knows the reason why.............it ain't hard to figure out. Who is gonna do the commentating? As getting Phil and Paul out of the retirement home in June will cut the hours they are allowed out in July:rolleyes:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That's great. I hope the field is strong. There's nobody at the Dauphine of any interest; except for Contador, Sanchez, Seeldrayers, and VDB

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I just hope that they do a better job than Versus did on the Tour of California, that was terrible.

Half the time they didn't know what any of the splits were during the TT. Picture would get cut off and go to someone that didn't even matter. Versus needs to realize that it's not Bull Riding...

Coverage on the Giro was wonderful, great commentary, good shots from the air and ground.

Maybe Paul and Phil need a bit of "juice" theirowndamnself!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
I think everyone knows the reason why.............it ain't hard to figure out. Who is gonna do the commentating? As getting Phil and Paul out of the retirement home in June will cut the hours they are allowed out in July:rolleyes:

Of course, everyone wants to see if Cancellara is back in shape before the Tour.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tour de Suisse (also known as Tour of Switzerland) is one of my favourite races, mostly because Luxembourgers tend to do really well in it. Last year it was good to see Cancellara win, but it was a bit weird with Columbia and Saxo winning everything. I hope this year's tour will be a little bit less predictable

I'm gonna watch either on Eurosport or RTL Luxembourg, I think they'll broadcast it as well.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
What are some people's favourite moments or moments that you won't forget? Mine was seeing Frank Schleck crash over the barriers.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
What are some people's favourite moments or moments that you won't forget? Mine was seeing Frank Schleck crash over the barriers.

Yes that was terrible ... one of the worst falls of the last couple of years, luckily nothing happened. It sucked because he was on his way to win the whole Tour, too. He'd have gotten the yellow jersey and jusging by the performance he put in in the final mountain TT, he'd have most likely kept it. Dunno if you wanna see it again, but if you do, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbyc0gFvsEI

Kim Kirchen's stage win last year was awesome too

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
Yes that was terrible ... one of the worst falls of the last couple of years, luckily nothing happened. It sucked because he was on his way to win the whole Tour, too. He'd have gotten the yellow jersey and jusging by the performance he put in in the final mountain TT, he'd have most likely kept it. Dunno if you wanna see it again, but if you do, here's the link:

Yikes. I can't imagine how scary it must be as a rider to come round a bend and see your team-mate's bike lying on the road by the barrier with no rider in sight.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Yikes. I can't imagine how scary it must be as a rider to come round a bend and see your team-mate's bike lying on the road by the barrier with no rider in sight.

Just imagine that team mate is also your brother :eek:

May 5, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I'm sitting on the edge of my seat just hoping he will repeat his victory.

well, the stage to La Punt is probably just a bit too difficult for him. generally, the profile of this year's TdS is a bit harder than last year's ridicolous edition, but still a disgrace with regard to most earlier editions. It was once a pure climber Tour... incredible...

Christian said:

Damn! I hadn't seen that one before. What happened? That bend didn't look terribly technical.

A

Anonymous

Roninho said:
could anybody fill me in on what tv-ratings the TOC on versus got? Or what to expect for the TDS? Thnx

...I am sure they will tell you that they were on par with those from the TdF...:rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
dabaideschbi said:
hey guys do you have the provvisional starting list of all teams with the riders???

Yup here it is and it looks really really good:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/tour-de-suisse-start-list

Much stronger field than at the Dauphiné if you ask me and that makes it really unpredictable to say who is going to win. Almost every team brought their big guns!

In other news, I am neither a Lance fan nor hater but I find it ridiculous that his picture is the thumbnail for this race! One of the best cyclists in the world won that race last year and cyclingnews puts the picture of a guy who hasn't ridden it since 2001?

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
...I am sure they will tell you that they were on par with those from the TdF...:rolleyes:

dont get too excited about the tour de suisse. It wont have the same crowds, levels of excitement and high octane racing that california had

oh.. the tour of california highlights dvd has just been released

7 minutes of exciting racing footage
2 hours of exclusive previously unseen video
Behind the scenes interviews with paul sherwen and phil liggett
and a free Lance Armstrong poster

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
dont get too excited about the tour de suisse. It wont have the same crowds, levels of excitement and high octane racing that california had

oh.. the tour of california highlights dvd has just been released

7 minutes of exciting racing footage
2 hours of exclusive previously unseen video
Behind the scenes interviews with paul sherwen and phil liggett
and a free Lance Armstrong poster

I bet that is just coverage of the stage where it drizzled and the helicopters couldn't fly, so ToC wasn't broadcast that day. You remember, it was the same day the Giro had a damn monsoon but made for great TV. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS