• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Stage 4:

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well that takes care of Radio Shacks leadout train, they just smashed themselves.
I guess Lance tried the leadout thing the last few days and decided going off thefront was safer and easier.
Didn't quite expect Brown to get up there on what sounded like a tough finish.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong attacked? Oh, boy. I feel so sorry for those who have to listen to the radio commentary. Reading multiple threads about it will be heaven compared to the verbal diarrhea you must be listening to right now.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Well that takes care of Radio Shacks leadout train, they just smashed themselves.
I guess Lance tried the leadout thing the last few days and decided going off thefront was safer and easier.

he's phucked up the leadout twice in 2 stages:D:D:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
It takes a lot more than just being able to ride real fast to do a good leadout.

i know, but still it's funny how he's stuffed up and how much Phil and Paul talk him up about how good he is in the leadout.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
To the tour down under...
rocks-your-so-boring.jpg

It's just too predictable... we need to handicap him

A

Anonymous

yawn.... amstrong in a breakaway, greipel wins a sprint.. It dont get much duller than that..

To be fair to LA, after the critisim after Ireland last year, at least at the Tdu he is trying to earn his money..

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
yawn.... amstrong in a breakaway, greipel wins a sprint.. It dont get much duller than that..

To be fair to LA, after the critisim after Ireland last year, at least at the Tdu he is trying to earn his money..

Well, according to Graham Watson (the legendary photographer) on Tw@tter:

"been a great day for fans of Lance, never seen so much excitement down here. Can he repeat it on Old Willunga Hill...?"

and

"pity there was not 'live' TV here, Shack's attack was worthy of anything 'Postal did in '99 Tour - remember the Passage du Gois..?"

Well, as there was no live TV I guess we'll have to take his unbiased word for it. :rolleyes: Or is it on the highlights?

(also posted on the LA thread as I'm confused as to where this should be posted!)

A

Anonymous

Hibbles said:
(also posted on the LA thread as I'm confused as to where this should be posted!)

ah, you can never have too much lance..

Saw the highlights tonight and saw the last couple of kms and it looked like Graeme Brown was using a fair bit of argy bargy to get the wheel of McEwen in the sprint. To me it looked over the top from Brown and in the end he eventually forced the rider out of there who was already on McEwen's wheel. But for the life of me i can't remember who he was basically elbowing out. Even Paul Sherwen pulled his lips off Armstrong's arse for a second to say a few words about it.

I'm not just saying this cos i think Brown is a douche and a danger at times to those around him, IMO i thought it was excessive and unneeded.