• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under Stage 2: Gawler - Hahndorf, 133.5 km

A

Anonymous

tdu10_map_stage2final_600.jpg

More of the same i guess, but with the hill a little further out.. and the second sprint point later in the day, in fact the second sprint might even be worth the main field fighting over...

My bet is some of the riders who lost 8 minutes yesterday making a break, and who knows, they may even be allowed to stay out there..

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Current odds from UNIBET.com:

Tour Down Under 2010 - Stage 2
Who will win?

Greipel, A 2.10
Henderson, G 9.00
Steegmans, G 10.00
McEwen, R 14.00
Davis, A 16.00
Brown, G 18.00
Cooke, B 18.00
Rojas Gil, J J 18.00
Roelandts, J 20.00
Haedo, J J 35.00
Hutarovich, Y 35.00
Voigt, J 35.00
Hunter, R 40.00
Sutton, C 40.00
Valverde, A 45.00
O'Grady, Stuart 50.00
Sanchez, L L 50.00
Forster, R 65.00
Hincapie, G 65.00
Vaitkus, T 65.00
Evans, C 75.00
HWMNBN 100.0
Rosseler, S 150.0

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised mcewen is so high up i the betting. He doesn't have the top end speed of some of the top 5 sprinters had yesterday.He starts too far back when he sprints because over teams have a train and he's just fighting for postion as he has to come around.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Wow. That "mountain" looks to be all of 170 meters tall. Davis might even survive it--providing he brought a radio.

Are columbia going to beat Sky like a baby seal today BroDeal?

I've heard today's finish is a long straight boluevard. Should be an easy win for Andre Greipel.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
It will go sort of like this. Columbia = Stewie, Sky = Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZ1crkgtmc

i definetly think that will be the way it turns in the sprint. Part 1 was the funniest...:D

On the cycling central site they have a whole article based around one of armstrong's comments on his twitter page about Tim Roe's ride yesterday. Their making out like he dropped season pro's when Kohler is only 24 and a second yr pro and kadri is only 23. Roe sucked in the sprint and kohler has a big acceleration.

My Top 3 for the stage
1. greipel
2.Davis
3. Wyss

HTF can Davis still be at $16 after yesterday's shocker? You'd have to be a complete muppet to take those odds.

Hahndorf is a pretty straight forward sprint so I'm sticking with Sky and Henderson to disrupt the Colombia train. Although more importantly than the course profile what's the wind forecast to be doing in Hahndorf this afternoon?

auscyclefan94 said:
i definetly think that will be the way it turns in the sprint. Part 1 was the funniest...:D

On the cycling central site they have a whole article based around one of armstrong's comments on his twitter page about Tim Roe's ride yesterday. Their making out like he dropped season pro's when Kohler is only 24 and a second yr pro and kadri is only 23. Roe sucked in the sprint and kohler has a big acceleration.

My Top 3 for the stage
1. greipel
2.Davis
3. Wyss

If Armstrong said it, it must be true. ;) And I don't see Davis redeeming himself today. He'll be out the back just after the neutral zone. :p

Publicus said:
If Armstrong said it, it must be true. ;) And I don't see Davis redeeming himself today. He'll be out the back just after the neutral zone. :p

I think he might make it late to the feedzone, find out they are out of vegamite and croc sandwiches, then flop over exhausted at the thought of climbing the hill.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think he might make it late to the feedzone, find out they are out of vegamite and croc sandwiches, then flop over exhausted at the thought of climbing the hill.

More like kangaroo sandwiches:p (yes we do eat skippy our national iconic animal in down under)

31oC for the riders today.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Some local knowledge for u guys. The finish is a pretty long straight, which is pretty much all false flat. The climb (hill if you will) is tuff, very steep. Kicks to above 20% at some stage, but as it isn't to long any sprinters who get droped should beable to get back on with a bit of teamwork. Think the winds going to be pretty calm today.

my tip 1st greipel, 2nd henderson and third steegmans

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ambrose said:
Some local knowledge for u guys. The finish is a pretty long straight, which is pretty much all false flat. The climb (hill if you will) is tuff, very steep. Kicks to above 20% at some stage, but as it isn't to long any sprinters who get droped should beable to get back on with a bit of teamwork. Think the winds going to be pretty calm today.

my tip 1st greipel, 2nd henderson and third steegmans

you going to be out watching the stage?

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
More like kangaroo sandwiches:p (yes we do eat skippy our national iconic animal in down under)

31oC for the riders today.

Just dont overcook it. Roo is a very lean cut of meat (one of the healthiest red meats) so if you cook it well done, then you've ruined it.

Who doesn't bring radios to a race? Astana only have themselves to blame. Griepel should win again today. I look forward to seeing more baby seal pulp in the last 200m.:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised that in the betting the haven't got Danilo Wyss. The guy came very late yesterday and still came 4th. He had a very big kick and if he came a little earlier i think he would of got 2nd or 3rd.

auscyclefan94 said:
I'm surprised that in the betting the haven't got Danilo Wyss. The guy came very late yesterday and still came 4th. He had a very big kick and if he came a little earlier i think he would of got 2nd or 3rd.

I must say I was impressed by Wyss. Probably because I have hardly heard of him before..is he the designated sprinter of BMC in this race?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
I must say I was impressed by Wyss. Probably because I have hardly heard of him before..is he the designated sprinter of BMC in this race?

Yes, originally it was going to be kristoff. Kohler is also a quick finisher as we saw in the brake today. He gets up to a high speed quickly. Really BMC ain't too bad in the sprint as they have Hincapie and kohler to leadout Wyss. In the replay of the helicopter shot he had a really big kick! he came a bit too late and was a bit boxed in.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I think Greipel will win again. His team has the most experience working together. Sky still need some work. hopefully we'll see Wyss on the podium and probably Gert.

A

Anonymous

im going to bed.. i cant be arsed staying up another 2 hours for a sprint finish.. i cant watch the last five k in the morning. :D

TRENDING THREADS