• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under - Stage 6: Adelaide Street Circuit 90km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Start Time: 1.30pm* (King William Road, Elder Park)

Skoda King of the Mountain: Montefiore Hill

Jayco Sprint Locations: King William Road

Finish Time: 3.15pm approximately

tdu-stage6.PNG

TDU11_PROFILE_stage6_FINAL.jpg

Preview of Stage 6

Weather 33oC, Sunny

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
As a rider I wouldn't get up for 90km but I think as a fan I will stay up for this one tonight. :D

Damn Greipel, do it or they will bash you like Cavendish.

Greiple
Goss
McEwen

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going out on limb and go with Goss.

Goss
Greiple
Roelandts

I would personally like to see Swift or Matthews get it but i dont know, it could be difficult.
Looks like Aussie radio coverage again for me at 3 in the morning for a glorified crit.. :p

sublimit said:
I'm going out on limb and go with Goss.

Goss
Greiple
Roelandts

I would personally like to see Swift or Matthews get it but i dont know, it could be difficult.
Looks like Aussie radio coverage again for me at 3 in the morning for a glorified crit.. :p

I think there were more channels that might have live coverage so there might be a live stream from somewhere else in the world.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Not true - people round here will only bash Greipel like they bash Cac if he ever wins anything important.

Sorry, I forgot that someone has to earn his bashing with palmares.
Lance was sooooo successfull. :D

Now everything is clear for me.
I hope Omerta-Greipel will be seriously bashed after San Remo.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
There's time bonuses un the tdu isnt there? Therefore htc have to give goss the chance to win so he will win the stage and maybe cavendish will get second. Greipel has a good chance of winning but I dont think he is very good and htc always win :S

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm always a big fan of the Gorilla, and would still love to see him get up there tomorrow, but there's two things i think haven't helped his condition:

1 - the poor weather in europe has limited his training (he said as much)
2 - his race plan for the year now is surely aiming to peak in July. Last few years he pretty much knew he wasn't going to TdF, but he had a lot of early season races, so he prepared hard for those and won a lot. Last year he was in Aus for like, 3 weeks riding everyday hard to prepare for TdU. He didn't do that this year.

It's funny tho, Goss has filled Greipel's shoes very much the same way. Protected rider in TdU, in magic form, and winning heaps. Heh heh, was good to see Cav on the front the other day tho :D

Anyways, i hope Meyer gets the overall, wicked to see a non-sprinter take this race if it can be done.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
The Gorrila is capaple of getting M-S-R, but the Omerta-lotto team (Thanks to cobblestoned for that) are missing from the Oman and Qatar races, Oman looks tough but would be a good build up.

Maybe he has more to come like Cav certainly has.

ok so tomorrow just 90 km.it will be more like who's the fastest not the strongest.that's why i will go for the win with tyler farrar.meyer really needs his help,of couse he's not on form yet but for just 90 km he can do it.
so:
1.farrar
2.greipel
3.goss

and yeah me too i'm looking forward to gorilla this year.