• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Romandie: 27 April - 2 May 2010

Yeah.... Romandie always was good cycling. And since they got ProTour status at least they got a pretty strong field too, so I don't know why they felt is necessary to dumb down the course.

I lived in Romandie (Geneva) for 10 years and have been to the race many times... Kinda sad.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not too impressed by the stage profiles. Will Vacansoleil be there so I can root for the break to stay away while I enjoy the scenery?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
So who do we see competing for the overall here? None of the finishes look that difficult, so it should be mostly decided in the ITTs. Maybe one for Christian Vandevelde? I have no idea what kind of form he is in though.

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
So who do we see competing for the overall here? None of the finishes look that difficult, so it should be mostly decided in the ITTs. Maybe one for Christian Vandevelde? I have no idea what kind of form he is in though.

Did Vandevelde even race any of the spring classics? Its a name that flies below the race results radar for me.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
Brajkovic, Kreuziger or maybe Sagan FTW

Joking aside, Sagan might not be a bad shout if he can show the same form he did at Paris-Nice. There doesn't look to be enough climbing to trouble him, and we know he goes well in shorter TTs.

Jamsque said:
Joking aside, Sagan might not be a bad shout if he can show the same form he did at Paris-Nice. There doesn't look to be enough climbing to trouble him, and we know he goes well in shorter TTs.

He may have the job working for Kreuziger. Then again, that was probably his job on Paris-Nice as well :)
Pity he didn't race the Ardennes classics.

TomasC said:
He may have the job working for Kreuziger. Then again, that was probably his job on Paris-Nice as well :)
Pity he didn't race the Ardennes classics.
He did Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Paris-Roubaix, and I believe Kuurne as well. Did you see him? No. And he would have been invisible in the Ardennes as well.
The classics are still too tough for this kid. As they should be.

TRENDING THREADS