• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Méditerranéen 2.1 (6th-10th February)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:
Regardless of Monfort's team being a running joke I think you would be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like this guy ... since he joined LEOPARD TREK I have seen and read a lot of interviews with him, he is just a classy guy ... well-spoken, soft-spoken, friendly, laid-back ... that's why I like him (besides some great performances on the bike) so I hope he can defend his lead. Although the cards are stacked against him.

Yesterday he said: "I was on my limit during the whole climb. Finally, I was able to hang on to the leader's group (sic). In real time, the first one of the group certainly crossed the line 3 seconds ahead of me. This is without a doubt what has permitted me to take the jersey. Those are the rules of cycling."

http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/24284-tour-mediterraneen-et-4-les-reactions.html

I hope his season continues in this trajectory, his first big goal seems to be Paris-Nice

Completely agree with you.

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Christian said:
Regardless of Monfort's team being a running joke I think you would be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like this guy ... since he joined LEOPARD TREK I have seen and read a lot of interviews with him, he is just a classy guy ... well-spoken, soft-spoken, friendly, laid-back ... that's why I like him (besides some great performances on the bike) so I hope he can defend his lead. Although the cards are stacked against

Yeah i really hope he wins this. And i want him to win something big during the season. He really deaerves it.

I think someone of the break is going to get the stage, the rest is quite hard and there are good riders there.

29f80793f1784aee6d55ff01ca4a9c6bo.jpg

Anyway it remain a lot and it will have a lot of fight by the general.

In this regard the team leader has put the very young Jungels front, and Peraud to Kadri AG2R. Blanco and IAM have not got one, but have strong teams. It would be interesting to know if the radio works back to front taking Jungels or if this man is working in the breakaway, I guess not.

But remember one important fact, the best general of the escapees is Jeremy Roy, a minute and a half, which is now virtual leader with two minutes and Pinot is with him.

So the fight is served by multiple fronts.

What a pity the French summaries are so bad.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Jérôme (Europcar), Kadri (AG2R La Mondiale), Roy, Pinot (FDJ), Zingle (Cofidis), D. Wyss (BMC), Jungels (Radioshack Leopard), Petrov (Saxo Tinkoff), Izaguirre (Euskaltel), Keizer (Vacansoleil-DCM), Sella et Facchini (Androni Giocattoli)

à 40'': Greipel (Lotto-Belisol) et Perichon (Bretagne-Séché Environnement)

à 44'' : Marino (Sojasun)

à 1' : Kern (Europcar)

à 2'20'' : Peloton

Now splits in the bunch on the Tanneron descent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If the time gaps stay as they are then roy is going to win this! Radioshack come on chase! are hondo and nizzolo with the first group? because these two can be good for the chase. Is the finish uphill?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Nizzolo has quit. I'd be surprised if Hondo survived.

Roy is virtual leader on the road. He, Izaguirre and Kadri have 40' to the rest of the break and 2'30 to the bunch. Roy was 1'30 behind at start of the day. Izaguirre @ 1'47

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
do you reckon the gap can be reduced? who is chasing! damn this race and the organizers! this should be on tv! Roy was 1 30 back so the peloton need to cut back his lead by about one minute. If other teams aren't chasing then i dont think radioshack can bring this back with king, rohregger and jungels.