• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Beijing - 5th October to 9th October

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 21, 2010
Visit site
Truely aweful but need my cycling fix. 1 point tho, in fairness to Beijing isnt just smoggy there, Milan banning all motor vehicles for 10 hours today to reduce its smog.

One word: Grim.
Beijing perfectly designed to produce the worst possible racing.
Since they aren't anchored to the one place, like the misnamed Tour Down Under, or Qatar, they are at least able to make significant changes, next year.

It's down to them to unstuff this turkey.

A

Anonymous

Well Sky at least made up for their awful Vuelta Team Time Trial, by winning the Tour of Beijing Team Time Trial.

Does that make them UCI Team Time Trial Champions?

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Congrats to Ben King and the Shack for holding on to the White.

Ben King: breakaway man or hammerhead for the team. A GT stage win will be yours one day.

Congrats to Tony Martin, Anton and Galimzyanov.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Well Sky at least made up for their awful Vuelta Team Time Trial, by winning the Tour of Beijing Team Time Trial.

Does that make them UCI Team Time Trial Champions?
Mcquaid might give some points out for that if you ask nicely :p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Someone needs to give The One Jose a leadout.

Hes facing real sprinter trains on his own the whole time and among the top so often.

And yes i do know he has resigned with Riis.

Which would you rather have: The Great One getting decent support in GTs so he can attempt the double(Tour-Vuelta) or a leadout train for The One Jose while still always losing to Cavendish? :p

Not even Tom Steels got a leadout train and he was a much better sprinter. In today's cycling world only Cav has a decent leadout train and sometimes Farrar. Although Garmin definitely is a lot weaker now and Farrar no longer deserves the title of second best sprinter as well.

The One Jose is a better cyclist than most of the over-hyped South Americans though :D

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Someone needs to give The One Jose a leadout.

Hes facing real sprinter trains on his own the whole time and among the top so often.

And yes i do know he has resigned with Riis.

The lovely coverage here has one hour highlights, 30 hours after the stage finish (so I get to see yesterdays stage in 10 hours time). Last night I saw the penultimate stage and at around the 1km mark, there were 5, yes 5 Saxo Bank riders in a train, overtaking the Sky train after they lost Apollo. Of course it only lasted about 200-300m until everyone on the right caught up and Sky got their **** together but it was still a definite train.

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That Millar video on the news page was funny. "Yeah great, lots of points", smirking into the camera. Clearly some of the riders who went thought this UCI race was a bit of a farce.

TRENDING THREADS