• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Beijing - 5th October to 9th October

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Fus087 said:
I'd actually really like to see that.
The panda probably wouldn't do much more than sitting in the way, but still.

They urinate while doing handstands (not all the time, just sometimes). If one did that in the middle of the peloton it would be the race of the year.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
So Nicolas Roche gets some compensation for a season ruined by crashes, injuries and poor form and Ag2r get a few more World Tour points. Actually, I see that Peraud is now up to 7th on GC (on finishing places), which if I recall correctly would get him a whole bunch of sporting criteria points through some convoluted knock on effect. Is it that it puts him in the World Tour top 30? Something like that anyway.

Bizarrely, the Tour of Beijing could end up being the second most important race of Ag2r's season, behind only Gadret's Giro heroics. Not good news for Euskaltel, Geox, FDJ and any other teams scrapping it out for the last couple of World Tour spots.

On another note, United Health Care will be pleased to see their new big signing Deignan showing that he's getting back towards his 2009 form. I think that's potentially a really good move for both the rider and the team.

This, not only for the actual points,but lets not forget this is mcQuaids pet project a good showing will count for more than just points come final selection time.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mambo95 said:
They urinate while doing handstands (not all the time, just sometimes). If one did that in the middle of the peloton it would be the race of the year.

Ok, someone needs to safe these poor animals from extinction right now!

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
Cows on the Road managed to get cycling onto mainstream TV programming during the Tour de Suisse (or was Romandie?): that could make major news.

The Giro had sheep with even one black sheep between them.

A

Anonymous

The tour of California had zombies.

Out of intrest, does anyone actually care about the Tour of Beijing. Its about the only thing not being discussed in this thread.

TeamSkyFans said:

Out of intrest, does anyone actually care about the Tour of Beijing. Its about the only thing not being discussed in this thread.

The teams either just below or just above the World Tour dividing line care about it a great deal, hence Ag2r and Euskaltel sending very strong squads. The people with money involved in it obviously care about it. The riders who are getting some cheap wins at the end of the season, like Martin and Haussler are probably well disposed towards it.

But no, nobody else cares about it.

Mambo95 said:
Elephants? When did it have elephants? I want to see elephants.

I know the Giro had a black sheep. He won the race.

It had them in 2010. Dont have video of it but there is proof;)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=333753#post333753

El Pistolero said:
The Tour had a Gorilla.

I was going to say that the Giro had a shark, but then someone called me:eek:

Though i do remember seeing a man in a gorilla suit in some race this year i think.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

I don't have a problem with a WT race in China (personally I don't think it should be WT straight away) , but Beijing is the worse place to have a decent stage race. Whereas if we were to somehow hold a (WT) race in the city of Chongqing in China southwest, it would be great as it is extremely hilly.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Haussler is at $12 for today's stage.

Seems a bit long. That first sprint wasn't a fluke. If Garmin have it going alright and gets him to a good position I can't see him losing.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
craig1985 said:
I don't have a problem with a WT race in China (personally I don't think it should be WT straight away) , but Beijing is the worse place to have a decent stage race. Whereas if we were to somehow hold a (WT) race in the city of Chongqing in China southwest, it would be great as it is extremely hilly.

When I asked to some cycling chinese friends why China didn't choose any nicer area their answer was that organizator (government) doesn't care about showing "nice China" or "friendly China" but more about how rich China is.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
When I asked to some cycling chinese friends why China didn't choose any nicer area their answer was that organizator (government) doesn't care about showing "nice China" or "friendly China" but more about how rich China is.

Yeah that's not surprising.

TRENDING THREADS