• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Belgium, 25th -29th of May - 2.HC

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Omg a rider who is not always in the headlines won!!!!! It's an unjust tragedy bigger than what the greeks ever wrote!

I don't know, they wrote some pretty funky(and over the top disturbing) stuff :eek:

Anyhow the second time in a row a flat stage beats the Giro stage :p

Looking forward to tomorrow. Gilbert win+ Contador win and mountain jersey back where it belongs.

But the Tour of Belgium really doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
it doesn't deserve anything, only the ardennes stage is usually cool, but now it will be boring because Gilbert will be too strong

So the Giro doesn't deserve anything as well I suppose. If you didn't enjoy today's and yesterday's stage than I feel sorry for you.

The Giro is exciting the whole time. Even if Contador is too strong.

The Tour of Belgium is not exciting at all. Especially if the Ardennes stage gets dominated by gilbert. Compared to last years.

Don't you get it?
Go cry me a river it's MY opinion.

You're OPINION is not the one and only rightful one

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I said today's and yesterday stage at the Giro weren't very exciting. Tour of Belgium definitely has been better these last 2 days. Hence it does deserve something.

No, the Giro certainly hasn't been exciting the whole time. No one ever attacks there except Contador it seems. Leipheimer is second and third @ this year's Giro. This total overhype of the Giro and Zomegnan is funny however.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
How is that? The Giro is compared to the Tour for obvious reasons, and based on the entertainment level between these, I'd even say the Giro is underhyped.

At this forum the Giro is definitely overhyped.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Great argument. Mine, then, is at this forum the Giro is definitely underhyped.

Why would I need to proof anything? People diss the Tour here all time time while they're praising the Giro. You rarely see someone praising the Tour here. Yet you think it's overhyped? How does that work?

It's the same as saying people don't like Armstrong here. I need no proof for that, it's obvious in the posting here.

El Pistolero said:
Why would I need to proof anything? People diss the Tour here all time time while they're praising the Giro. You rarely see someone praising the Tour here. Yet you think it's overhyped? How does that work?

It's the same as saying people don't like Armstrong here. I need no proof for that, it's obvious in the posting here.

No it's not the same and it really shouldn't be that hard to figure out why.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
The Giro is exciting the whole time. Even if Contador is too strong.

The Tour of Belgium is not exciting at all. Especially if the Ardennes stage gets dominated by gilbert. Compared to last years.

Don't you get it?
Go cry me a river it's MY opinion.

You're OPINION is not the one and only rightful one

This is coming from a bombastic dutchie. We all know how the Dutch have a rivalry with the Belgians so it is clear why he would make this statement.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I agree (also personal opinion of course) with the overhyping of the Giro on this forum. Didn't see that many entertaining stages...
It's really like watching a pro in a U23 race.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
As for Stybar: he obviously lacks racing experience and tactics.
Was very good on the Kemmel, it's easy to know you have to be in front there.
But wasn't placed well on other important moments last two days