• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Britain 2022 (September 4-11)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They're talking about next sunday for the funeral so we wouldn't even get a bank holiday and more football would be cancelled despite an already congested fixture list.

Although one of the protestants at work said they don't usually have funerals on a Sunday in their churches so who knows. Regardless, Richard Masters has got to go over this.

Reactions: Poursuivant
We might have lost the Tour of Britain, but on the bright side, the same assumption that people cannot acknowledge that someone they have heard of has died and at the same time retain their ability to find enjoyment in anything else saves us the studio idiocy of Adam Blythe.

Last edited:
10 days of mourning is about average for when someone of significance passes away. Some of the pi$$ taking is not necessary I think. How many days of mourning will this forum have to put up with if Remco loses the Vuelta?

100 days, at least. Because it would be an actual shock if Remco lost the Vuelta.

The Queen was 96. 96! We weren't expecting this sometime soon?

Reactions: StryderHells
They're talking about next sunday for the funeral so we wouldn't even get a bank holiday and more football would be cancelled despite an already congested fixture list.

Although one of the protestants at work said they don't usually have funerals on a Sunday in their churches so who knows. Regardless, Richard Masters has got to go over this.

I think it's unlikely sport will be cancelled again next weekend, it might just be amended around the funeral. Rugby Union hasn't been cancelled and in a few cases I don't think some of the teams can afford the costs associated with postponing a round of games, I think football won't have the capacity to rearrange games with the truncated time for the season because of the world cup.

TRENDING THREADS