• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Britain 5-12 September 2021

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Scenery is going to be lovely tomorrow. Harlech Castle, a bit of Snowdonia.

I'd love for the coastal bits to produce echelons first, but it will never happen.

Harlech, one of my favs :). I visited first in 1978 and second in 2009. The landscape around it had changed incredibly--climate change I guess. The sea was very far away with a cheap trailer community built on the revealed land :( Bleck!
I even brought home (USA) a 6 lb piece of the Weathercock Tower that has been in my living room since 1978. Something I'd never do now!

I think for all our sake, I hope not. A full strength Jumbo in a TTT would probably wrap the Tour up for Roglic. They could go do something like Rog, Vingegaard, Dumoulin, Dennis, WVA, Foss, Affini and Martin and just smash teams to pieces in that.

But that's such a weird thing to say imo. Much much more important is limiting the budgets for the richest teams. That's imo where it's a scandal that rich teams can buy up all the *** peleton.
Teams being bad att TTT; tough luck, they can learn that just as they can learn anything else. But unlimited budgets is ***. To my n00b eyes that is actually not even fair competetion.

Reactions: TourOfSardinia
But that's such a weird thing to say imo. Much much more important is limiting the budgets for the richest teams. That's imo where it's a scandal that rich teams can buy up all the *** peleton.
Teams being bad att TTT; tough luck, they can learn that just as they can learn anything else. But unlimited budgets is ***. To my n00b eyes that is actually not even fair competetion.

Ya, but tbf, it's not like Jumbos main competition are low budget teams. Ineos, UAE and Bahrain are teams I'd imagine have higher budgets. I'd just say Jumbos TTT team smashes them.

Reactions: Carols and noob
Tomorrow definitely watching. Great Orme is a spectacular wall to a seaside cliff comparable to maybe even Mur de Huy or at least the Przemysl finish in TdP. I dunno if you can maybe even see the Isle of Man on a clear day. Van Aert to test Hayter, Ala and Israel boys most likely going hard early to try and dislodge Hayter and WvA with their bigger time losses and bonis in next, more sprinter-friendly stages in mind.

Tomorrow definitely watching. Great Orme is a spectacular wall to a seaside cliff comparable to maybe even Mur de Huy or at least the Przemysl finish in TdP. I dunno if you can maybe even see the Isle of Man on a clear day. Van Aert to test Hayter, Ala and Israel boys most likely going hard early to try and dislodge Hayter and WvA with their bigger time losses and bonis in next, more sprinter-friendly stages in mind.

Surely will be interesting to see how Hayter goes against a very high quality top-end of names even if they are all probably not on peak form.

During the first stage, around 2.4 kilometers (maybe 2.5) a bottle thrown with force either hitting, or nearly hitting a large cuddly looking dog. Don't throw a bottle at a dog. No matter the dog reaction it's a really bad idea in general. Dog ain't your domestique.

Also leave your dog at home. No good place for a dog in a race.

I enjoy a TTT as a spectacle but primarily when it is a standalone event like when they had a trade team TTT at the worlds for a few years recently with 2 main factors.:
  1. It consists of the teams best of the best in the discipline rather than teams trying to drag their climbers round and limiting losses without dropping their protected riders.
  2. It is not in a stage race having a distorting effect on the GC. Imagine how unfortunate it would be if WVA ends up losing the GC by a margin less than that lost by his teammate getting a late flat tire.

Reactions: Hihope
E-wYE8oXoAInFGE

TRENDING THREADS