• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California Stage 5: Visalia - Bakersfield (195.5km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Lol no timegaps given :confused:

There was clearly gaps in the top 10, wtf

Meh... The 4th GT doesn't bother with details.

Like on stage 1, when there were obviously gaps before (and completely unrelated to) the crashes that stage. Buuuuuut that would've been complicated job for the directors and jury.... Soooo it's much easier to give everyone the same time.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
At least there was a little bit of excitement on the stage today... although it still couldn't match today's continuing saga of "The Unpredictable Giro". If only Levi could've slapped a few of the Columbia boys on the final circuit...

On a more serious note... now that he is 10 seconds behind his two biggest rivals, does Levi need to gain time tomorrow on the "extended mountain top finish" at Big Bear if he wants to be in the golden jersey after Saturday's time trial?

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Richie Porte is Peter Sagan in disguise, the guy is so good he's at the Giro too and winning that. In moments he will be releasing cold hard evidence about Armstrong's bribe to the UCI. Further to that, he is announcing his application for Presidency of the UCI after Pat McQuaid retires after the bribery is confirmed.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Meh... The 4th GT doesn't bother with details.
I've seen the top three GTs ignore details when convienient - as have many race juries in many second, third, fourth... tier races.

It is fairly obvious that the members of this forum, myself included, think the PR around the ToC is overblown - the ToC is not the 4th GT. It is not even the most prestigeous workup to the GT's. TdSuisse and the Dauphinie already occupy that spot. But then many use the Classics as a workup to the Giro, the Giro a workup to the Tour, and the Vuelta as a workup to the worlds.

Today's finish was as good as you get in most HC stage races, not the best, but as good.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Peter Sagan doesn't seem very emotional about his victories, like a stone cold killer? If I was 20 yrs old and winning against this field, I would probably be in tears... why is he so cold? Hope he is not on the you know what.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
santacruz said:
Peter Sagan doesn't seem very emotional about his victories, like a stone cold killer? If I was 20 yrs old and winning against this field, I would probably be in tears... why is he so cold? Hope he is not on the you know what.

Before my time, but I've read descriptions of Anquetil using the same terms; some guys are like that. Anquetil was not remotely as well-liked in his day as Polidor, whom he regularly beat, at least at TdF.

the Amgen Tour of California

the Amgen Tour of California was made for USA cyclist to win. This is sad that there is no opportunities for good cyclist from around the world to ride there. I would never categories this tour as a major race.

santacruz said:

i dont think age has anything to do with it
its not his first victory,hes leader of the team and expected to win some stages...you dont see other leaders jump,cry or being speechless...those kind of emotions come from unusual winers like domestiques

btw:well done peter,greetings from slovakia:D

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
santacruz said:
its because its only the tour of cali, its not exactly an important race

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Cool picture of the crash, like we hardly ever see them, courtesy of Tim de Waele:
103378799.jpg