Tour of Denmark 2019

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
fun finish there. Looks like a better route than usual generally, and the time trial early on should lead to an eventful race with plenty of attacks over (at least) the two following stages

Well… it's kind of becoming a bit a tradition that stage 1 does not end with a mass sprint.
It's nice to see that 1 km climbs is enough to make a race unpredictable. There used to be four stages for the pure sprinters, now it's only last stage.

There are ways to make it even harder in order to attract the Classics riders coming from BinckBank.

Stage 4 is pretty hilly too.

I wish Tour of Denmark was a spring or fall race instead, so the wind got to do it's thing :)
The irony: One of the main reasons for not placing the race in September anymore was the cancellation of a stage in 2017 due to stormy weather - but in fact, September is one of the least windy months in Denmark. :)

There need to be more stages races for non-climbers on the WT calender.

Since there is almost a Dane on every WT team, I really fancy ToD becoming a stage race for classics riders. Denmark and Belgium have similar terrain.

Ideally a 6-day race with a slightly shorter time trial (like 10-15 km)..

Reactions: Danskebjerge
There need to be more stages races for non-climbers on the WT calender.

Since there is almost a Dane on every WT team, I really fancy ToD becoming a stage race for classics riders. Denmark and Belgium have similar terrain.

Ideally a 6-day race with a slightly shorter time trial (like 10-15 km)..
Belgium is a lot more hilly than Denmark.

We have nothing like the Ardennes in Denmark, it's more like northern Belgium.

Reactions: Velolover2
I feel that it's between Benoot and Würtz now. Benoot is 14 seconds down, but he has two classic-like stages in hand, and two podium finishes there might be enough for him. Mads Würtz has shown weaknesses on the Vejle stage in previous editions of the race, and I don't expect him to be among the first riders to cross the finish line in Høve on stage 4. It could get very close in the top when they arrive in Copenhagen in a few days! :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts