• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Denmark 2019

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.jpg

GC
GC.jpg

There need to be more stages races for non-climbers on the WT calender.

Since there is almost a Dane on every WT team, I really fancy ToD becoming a stage race for classics riders. Denmark and Belgium have similar terrain.

Ideally a 6-day race with a slightly shorter time trial (like 10-15 km)..

Reactions: Danskebjerge
There need to be more stages races for non-climbers on the WT calender.

Since there is almost a Dane on every WT team, I really fancy ToD becoming a stage race for classics riders. Denmark and Belgium have similar terrain.

Ideally a 6-day race with a slightly shorter time trial (like 10-15 km)..

Belgium is a lot more hilly than Denmark.

We have nothing like the Ardennes in Denmark, it's more like northern Belgium.

Reactions: Velolover2
I feel that it's between Benoot and Würtz now. Benoot is 14 seconds down, but he has two classic-like stages in hand, and two podium finishes there might be enough for him. Mads Würtz has shown weaknesses on the Vejle stage in previous editions of the race, and I don't expect him to be among the first riders to cross the finish line in Høve on stage 4. It could get very close in the top when they arrive in Copenhagen in a few days! :)

TRENDING THREADS