• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Denmark 2019

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I feel that it's between Benoot and Würtz now. Benoot is 14 seconds down, but he has two classic-like stages in hand, and two podium finishes there might be enough for him. Mads Würtz has shown weaknesses on the Vejle stage in previous editions of the race, and I don't expect him to be among the first riders to cross the finish line in Høve on stage 4. It could get very close in the top when they arrive in Copenhagen in a few days! :)

I tink Würtz will be a good deal better this year and expect him to be among the best tomorrow. It was unfortunate for him that he reacted very late in Silkeborg so he had to spend a lot of energy to close the gap which made him unable to sprint and obtain bonus seconds.

Belgium is a lot more hilly than Denmark.

We have nothing like the Ardennes in Denmark, it's more like northern Belgium.

There aren't any Mur De Huy-tier climbs but if you make the Vejle stage intense enough, you can make something with more vertical gain than most hilly stages.

I made a 180 km Vejle-Vejle stage with about 2500 metres of climbing.

You could even make a Flanders-esque stage around Aabenraa. I made a 11 km loop with Hjarupvej (a very steep ramp), Dimen (a cobbled climb with very diffcult stones) and Jørgen Skovvej.

A gravel stage is also a possibility.

A race that challenges Binckbank is more than possible.

I feel that it's between Benoot and Würtz now. Benoot is 14 seconds down, but he has two classic-like stages in hand, and two podium finishes there might be enough for him.
well, the biggest Danish talent sits in 2nd, less than a second behind Würtz. And Kamp did the time trial of his life yesterday, so he is in the best position ever, and did nothing but riding up and down the Kiddesvej over the past weeks. I'd say this is completely open

Christian Winthers Vej is both steeper and longer than Kiddesvej.

It's like 500 m at 13% vs. 350 m at 13%.

Why not using it as the final hill next time? :eek:
Oh. But Kiddesvej is Kiddesvej. You would never be able to convince Worre about a different finish in Vejle. To stay in Worre's TdF-analogy, Kiddesvej is the Alpe in Denmark, a reference point any semi-sports-interested Dane can relate to.

Reactions: Velolover2

TRENDING THREADS