• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Flanders 2013 U.S. TV

To my dismay I just noticed the Tour of Flanders is not on the NBC Sports Network's list of cycling coverage for this year. I'm still hoping for a late reprieve, if I remember correctly it was added to the schedule late last year. Does anyone know of any alternative viewing options for people in the U.S.?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Blakeslee said:
To my dismay I just noticed the Tour of Flanders is not on the NBC Sports Network's list of cycling coverage for this year. I'm still hoping for a late reprieve, if I remember correctly it was added to the schedule late last year. Does anyone know of any alternative viewing options for people in the U.S.?

If it's not on TV, you can easily stream it online. Good places for links are http://www.steephill.tv and sports-livez.com.

If you can wait until after the race, you can also download a replay from http://www.cyclingtorrents.nl

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Blakeslee said:

I've been watching live feeds when I can. Time zone differences often conflict with having to take my daughter to school (a 40 min round trip) on weekdays.

Cyclingfans.com has several links they post for each race.

I would be happy with something on TuneIn radio that I can listen to over the internet or smartphone. Keep us posted on what you find is the best option for you.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep, stick with the streams. You'll have the best luck coming here, going to the sticky post dedicated to the race, and looking for streams that others post.

For a big race like Flanders, and for most of the Belgian spring classics, the streams will be plentiful and start broadcasting earlier than most other races via the main broadcaster (Sporza - although you don't link directly to their site). As long as you dont mind listening in Dutch, which I often find prefereable to the inane British announcers on Eurosport.
I like using steephill.tv to access the links, because they mention which streams are georestricted so I don't waste time waiting for sites to open and see some version of the message "access denied."

As other posters mention, people will always post working links in the race thread, but some will not work in the US.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry, this just really sucks.

As much as I don't like US announcers, there's just no comparison between watching this in HD and squinting at a 360p or at best a 480p stream that may go out in the last 10k.

Blargh.

GoGarmin said:
I'm sorry, this just really sucks.

As much as I don't like US announcers, there's just no comparison between watching this in HD and squinting at a 360p or at best a 480p stream that may go out in the last 10k.

Blargh.

Indeed!!! Even with a HDMI cable the pic isn't the same and the streams often die. Plus guess what, I won't be home as it is Easter :(

Hopefully can find a youtube replay when I get home.......

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Afrank said:
BeIN Sports.

So basically, they have the rights but instead of showing perhaps the biggest 1 day race in sport on Sunday morning, they are showing a relatively inconsequential soccer game instead?

We should carpet bomb that network.