• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Oman (2.HC) 13.02.-18.02.2018

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
GuyIncognito said:
Rollthedice said:
GuyIncognito said:
When did Lutsenko learn to climb?
Sure, it's not the longest climb, but ffs

[/img]

That was a 3km climb. If that makes you a climber, Gilbert is a climber

Also, great finish by Pearson

The climb is 5.7 KM at 10.5% (usual Vuelta climb)

3km

stage-5-1km.png

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Lutsenko has climbed well before. He just had some youth fat in the previous years that kept him from climbing consistently. But he definitely had some strong showings in mountains before.

I for one applaud Lutsenko on his amazing GC win.

If he "definitely had some strong showings in mountains before" maybe you can show some examples?

As far as I can see you can count top-20 finishes in mountain stages on one hand with most of them being from breaks.

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=18455&year=0&all=1&current=0

I hope Herrada can keep his legs going, there can be some nice stages for him in P-N, Dauphine and especially from breaks or reduced finishes in TdF. Could finally end Cofidis' TdF stage drought

On the topic of Herrada's post-Movistar success, Gorka has also had some nice results since he left the team. This is becoming a trend after Ion left, although injury stopped him showing his full class last year. Fernandez may feel he needs to do the same, although he is contracted until 2019. Hopefully Movistar can find chances regularly for Soler and Roson to lead in the coming seasons now Jesus, Gorka and Ion have left.

GuyIncognito said:
HelloDolly said:
GuyIncognito said:
Rollthedice said:
GuyIncognito said:
When did Lutsenko learn to climb?
Sure, it's not the longest climb, but ffs

[/img]

That was a 3km climb. If that makes you a climber, Gilbert is a climber

Also, great finish by Pearson

The climb is 5.7 KM at 10.5% (usual Vuelta climb)

3km

stage-5-1km.png

Here is the link to procycling stats that shows the climb at 5.7km at 10.5%

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-of-oman/2018/stage-5-gc/today/profiles

RedheadDane said:
roundabout said:
DNP-Old said:

Not even more than France despite already having the NC. :cool:

Does National Championships even count in this? Generally speaking a national championship is won by someone from the country in question.
Yes, it counts but I don't see the point bringing that in February... Furthermore, when the Continental circuit is a joke and no 10+ wins available at Vuelta a Colombia this year.
This is not to compare the amount of pro riders and less so the quantity of first class sprinters

Frankschleck said:
Arredondo said:
Jesus Herrada just shows he's got everything to be a great standard-bearer for Spain in the coming years.

It's great for himself and for us cyclingfans he left Movistar, but for the Spanish team it means they had to say goodbye to the natural successor of Balaverde.

Herreda is a good rider, but no he is not the natural successor of Valverde. Not even close.
Yeah, I have always like Herrada and I really enjoy his recent success, but its really not even close. Still, its great that Cofidis finally will be half relevant again - Herrada can do a great Paris-Nice and hopefully get a TdF-stage win. Great transfer for Cofidis.

TRENDING THREADS