• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Oman (2.HC) 13.02.-18.02.2018

tour-of-oman-2018-map-3cff0b143f.jpg

stage 1:
tour-of-oman-2018-stage-1-profile-n2-1cde89aee6.jpeg

stage 2:
tour-of-oman-2018-stage-2-map-n2-0dd69ddc53.jpeg

tour-of-oman-2018-stage-2-profile-n2-5ef2e1c76d.jpeg

tour-of-oman-2018-stage-2-finish-154ffa5b61.jpeg

stage 3:
tour-of-oman-2018-stage-3-map-n2-f277e6454b.jpeg

tour-of-oman-2018-stage-3-profile-n2-010025146d.jpeg

tour-of-oman-2018-stage-3-finish-1fda1c7c30.jpeg

stage 4:
tour-of-oman-2018-stage-4-map-n2-0cca5f0a00.jpeg

tour-of-oman-2018-stage-4-profile-n2-6cbacd9ae9.jpeg

stage 5:
tour-of-oman-2018-stage-5-map-n2-6817f082b2.jpeg

tour-of-oman-2018-stage-5-profile-n3-98c088b5f7.jpeg

tour-of-oman-2018-stage-5-finish-71be0b12eb.jpeg

stage 6:
tour-of-oman-2018-stage-6-profile-n2-f5183fd116.jpeg

Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Velolover2 said:
Cort will win stage 1 and 6.

And even stage 3 and 4 if raced poorly.
Cavendish, Kristoff and Bouhanni are there too.
Ah, I see. Cav for stage 1 then but the rest of the stages are too hard for him.

Kristoff/Bouhanni can survive stage 4 as well if it is ridden conservatively. Stage 3 is more of a long uphill drag which suits Cort better than Kristoff/Bouhanni. It's him vs. GVA there.

Velolover2 said:
Alexandre B. said:
Velolover2 said:
Cort will win stage 1 and 6.

And even stage 3 and 4 if raced poorly.
Cavendish, Kristoff and Bouhanni are there too.
Ah, I see. Cav for stage 1 then but the rest of the stages are too hard for him.

Kristoff/Bouhanni can survive stage 4 as well if it is ridden conservatively. Stage 3 is more of a long uphill drag which suits Cort better than Kristoff/Bouhanni. It's him vs. GVA there.

And Søren Kragh.

Good route as usual. Im looking forward to Superman Lopez, he showed decent form in Colombia, so he should be the favourite in a pretty weak field along with Nibz. Im also hoping for another Kragh Andersen victory.

I assume it wont be televised as usual and we have to rely on a few highlights?

Re:

WheelofGear said:
Green Mountain is normally too steep and punchy for Superman but we are early in the season but maybe he has a chance.
But he won on Kitzbuhler Horn? I'd consider that a steeper climb than Green Mountain. I think he is perfectly suited to the accelerations on Green Mountain,it is just a question if he has the form to win

WheelofGear said:
fauniera said:
WheelofGear said:
Green Mountain is normally too steep and punchy for Superman
What?
Never seen Superman been great on super steep climbs. He seems to be better if it's 7-8%.

Look no further than the Vuelta last year.
I don't think steepness is an issue for Lopéz. Obviously, he is not great at 1k or 2k muritos. He is no puncheur after all, he is a climber. But on longer, steep climbs.. he is great.

JoeD1997 said:
WheelofGear said:
Green Mountain is normally too steep and punchy for Superman but we are early in the season but maybe he has a chance.
But he won on Kitzbuhler Horn? I'd consider that a steeper climb than Green Mountain. I think he is perfectly suited to the accelerations on Green Mountain,it is just a question if he has the form to win
Against a great quantity of B-riders. Doesn't really count.

He is still better at 7-8% climbs.

Velolover2 said:
WheelofGear said:
fauniera said:
WheelofGear said:
What?
Never seen Superman been great on super steep climbs. He seems to be better if it's 7-8%.

I don't think steepness is an issue for Lopéz. Obviously, he is not great at 1k or 2k muritos. He is no puncheur after all, he is a climber. But on longer, steep climbs.. he is great.

Green Mountain isn't a murito? :rolleyes:

WheelofGear said:
JoeD1997 said:
WheelofGear said:
Against a great quantity of B-riders. Doesn't really count.

He is still better at 7-8% climbs.

I don’t pretend to know what type of long climb suits him best, but you are right that beating a field that’s mostly two tiers weaker than you on a particular climb doesn’t tell you all that much. Plus he didn’t beat Denifl by very much (and lost GC to him), and while Denifl is very good on his day he’s not really the kind of benchmark that’s useful in assessing a GT contender level climber.

Dan Martin won on Alto da Foia last year. That doesn’t mean he’s a low gradient power climber all of a sudden, it just means that he was up against a field that wasn’t very strong apart from Roglic.

WheelofGear said:
Velolover2 said:
WheelofGear said:
fauniera said:
WheelofGear said:
What?

Green Mountain is not a Murito.
Lopez won the stage that finished at Rettenbachferner in Suisse.
It all depends on fitness level at this time of the year.

Escarabajo said:
WheelofGear said:
Velolover2 said:

Green Mountain is not a Murito.
Lopez won the stage that finished at Rettenbachferner in Suisse.

It all depends on fitness level at this time of the year.
No, he did not.

However Superga is not that different. Lopez should be fine.

TRENDING THREADS