• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Oman 2022 (February 10-15)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just noticed that Gaviria has not won a Vuelta stage yet… And this likely won‘t change in 2022: Ackermann will be their sprinter for the Vuelta 2022.

Gaviria is a sprinter just like Kittel was: he‘s best in sprints of stage races. So I wish him he‘ll be able to win his missing Vuelta stage one day.

Regarding Cavendish, I still wonder what went wrong in the years at Dimension Data and Bahrain. Back at QS, he again wins the sprints also against the fastest sprinters.

I also hope UAE will keep Richeze, even after May. He‘s still super good. He certainly wants to keep racing, and UAE know that he is super valuable for them. So keeping him seems to be the best option for both.

I just noticed that Gaviria has not won a Vuelta stage yet… And this likely won‘t change in 2022: Ackermann will be their sprinter for the Vuelta 2022.

Gaviria is a sprinter just like Kittel was: he‘s best in sprints of stage races. So I wish him he‘ll be able to win his missing Vuelta stage one day.

Regarding Cavendish, I still wonder what went wrong in the years at Dimension Data and Bahrain. Back at QS, he again wins the sprints also against the fastest sprinters.

I also hope UAE will keep Richeze, even after May. He‘s still super good. He certainly wants to keep racing, and UAE know that he is super valuable for them. So keeping him seems to be the best option for both.
Cavendish had Epstein-Barr for over 2 years which obviously affected him a great deal. He also isn't the only sprinter to do much better at QS than at other teams. Viviani and Gaviria are good examples of that.

I would argue he hasn't beaten the fastest sprinters (yet) . I rate Ewan, Bennett, Merlier, Jakobsen and Groenewegen higher as pure sprinter than anyone he has beaten so far in the last year. And he hasn't beaten any of the aforementioned names during this time.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I would argue he hasn't beaten the fastest sprinters (yet) . I rate Ewan, Bennett, Merlier, Jakobsen and Groenewegen higher as pure sprinter than anyone he has beaten so far in the last year. And he hasn't beaten any of the aforementioned names during this time.
He’s beaten all but Bennett and Jakobsen with both being on his team. The only marker we have on him with Jakobsen is he was dominating Philipsen while he was splitting with Jakobsen but I think we can all agree Jakobsen is going to be better this year.