• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Pologne 2015(2.UWT) 2-8.08

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Tank Engine said:
Here's the start list according to
http://tourdepologne.pl/ogloszenie-skladow-ekip-72-tdp-na-pge-narodowym/

It seems pretty up to date as Gesink on the list. Astana and Movistar look very strong. Also, Zakarin could be one to look out for on this course.

For tomorrow, Modolo ahead of Nizzolo.

p.s. to Lemon Cheese Cake. I like your course a lot, particularly the first stage along the Baltic coast. I like the Bukowina circuit, but I agree it would be good to go back to Sudeten mountains again.

TINKOFF-SAXO: Maciej Bodnar, Paweł Poljański, Jesper Hansen, Robert Kiserlovski, Chris Anker Sorensen, Evgeny Petrov, Ivan Rovny, Edward Beltran.

ETIXX – QUICK STEP: Michał Kwiatkowski, Michał Gołaś, Maxime Bouet, Gianluca Brambilla, David De La Cruz, Gianni Meersman, Petr Vakoc, Carlos Verona Quintanilla

ASTANA PRO TEAM: Fabio Aru, Borut Bozic, Dario Cataldo, Andrea Guardini, Alexey Lutsenko, Diego Rosa, Paolo Tiralongo, Andrey Zeits

TEAM SKY: Ian Boswell, Philip Deignan, Sergio Luis Henao Montoya, Vasil Kiryienka, David Garcia Lopez, Mikel Nieve Iturralde, Salvatore Puccio, Xabier Zandio.

LAMPRE MERIDA: Przemysław Niemiec, Niccolo Bonifazio, Mattia Cattaneo, Roberto Ferrari, Sacha Modolo, Manuele Mori, Diego Ulissi, Valerio Conti

BMC RACING TEAM: Darwin Atapuma, Marcus Burghardt, Alessandro de Marchi, Silvan Dillier, Ben Hermans, Amael Moinard, Dylan Theuns, Peter Velits

MOVISTAR: Andrey Amador, Igor Anton, Eros Capecchi, Jon Izaguirre, Juan Jose Lobato, Jasha Sutterlin, Francisco Jose Ventoso, Benat Intxausti

ORICA GREENEDGE: Caleb Ewan, Mitch Docker, Brett Lancaster, Christian Meier, Damien Howson, Simon Clarke, Mathew Hayman, Ivan Santaromita

TEAM GIANT – ALPECIN: Marcel Kittel, Lawson Craddock, Tom Stamsnijder, Bert de Backer, Johannes Frohlinger, Nikias Arndt, Caleb Fairly, Luka Mezgec

TREK FACTORY RACING: Eugenio Alafaci, Fumiyuki Beppu, Marco Coledan, Giacomo Nizzolo, Yaroslav Popovych, Jesse Sergent, Kristof Vandewalle, Riccardo Zoidl

KATUSHA: Maxim Belkov, Sven Erik Bystrom, Sergey Chernetskiy, Sergey Lagutin, Gatis Smukulis, Eduard Vorganov, Anton Vorobyev, Ilnur Zakarin

TEAM LOTTO NL JUMBO: Robert Gesink, Tom van Asbroeck, George Bennett, Rick Flens, Martijn Keizer, Bert-Jan Lindeman, Bram Tankink, Dennis van Winden

LOTTO SOUDAL: Sander Armee, Kris Boeckmans, Vegard Breen, Jasper de Buyst, Bart de Clercq, Maxime Monfort, Jurgen van den Broeck, Louis Vervaeke

CANNONDALE GARMIN: Moreno Moser, Alberto Bettiol, Davide Formolo, Lasse Norman Hansen, Alan Marangoni, Matej Mohric, Kristoffer Skjerping, Davide Villella

AG2R LA MONDIALE: Gediminas Bagdonas, Carlos Betancur, Guillaume Bonnafond, Patrick Gretsch, Rinaldo Nocentini, Sebastien Minard, Christophe Riblon, Sebastien Turgot

IAM CYCLING: Marcel Aregger, Clement Chevrier, Stefan Denifl, Jonathan Fumeaux, Roger Kluge, Matteo Pelucchi, Sebastien Reichenbach, Lawrence Warbasse

FDJ: Steve Morabito, Kenny Elissonde, Murillo Fischer, Matthieu Ladagnous, Olivier le Gac, Lorenzo Manzin, Laurent Pichon, Kevin Reza

CCC SPRANDI POLKOWICE: Maciej Paterski, Grega Bole, Branislau Samoilau, Jan Hirt, Nikolay Mihaylov, Davide Rebellin, Marek Rutkiewicz, Bartłomiej Matysiak

REPREZENTACJA POLSKI: Dariusz Batek, Paweł Bernas, Marcin Białobłocki, Paweł Franczak, Kamil Gradek, Błażej Janiaczyk, Tomasz Marczyński, Kamil Zieliński.
It's not mine! It's Phil I am's! I was showing it as a better race than the current editions from the past few years.

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
The Wall of Bukowina is overused and so are places like Zakopane there are other hilly regions of Polands than the one that includes Bukowina and Zakopane. Some other hilly regions are shown in this race from the Race Design Thread

Nice place this Zakopane. Ski jumping today got cancelled because the hill collapsed or something, so let them have at least a small event. The Poland Tour is odd. Either circuits trough some of the most awful cities in Europe with those silly big commercial balloons all around, and then the most beautiful landscape in the south, greener than Ireland, sparsely populated, the densest forests and rugged peaks above them. Should cross over to Slovakia though, there are mean climbs on their side.

tatra-mountains-spring.jpg

Re:

yaco said:
Fully expect Ewan to win of the spring stages in the first three days - A seriously talented sprinter who could reach the top level.

I seem to have overlooked Ewan. He certainly will do well.

As for the season, it's definitely summer :D . I went out for a ride very early today. It's hot out there (in Warsaw too and the forecast says it's going to last).

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Banana_Joe said:
ILovecycling said:
Geraint Too Fast said:
ILovecycling said:
This race is all about if Betancur turns up on the start of stage 1 nothing more :D

awful parcours btw
CLZeXOlWUAEFiL4.jpg

No surprise.
ohhhh god

What does this pic mean? Is he not there? Or on the left and we can't see him? :D
nahh he is in a such a shape that you cant see him behind the guy in white nike trainers :D :D

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Another year with yet another same route. I'm glad that guys finally get Gubałówka to play with. Pity, that there's no Murzasichle side to Głodówka like a couple of years ago. If i remember correctly it was a prety nasty little climb with some nice percentages. The regular Głodówka is just a big ring uphill drag like Aprica or Petit-Saint-Bernard.

Guys will ride the TdP in some nasty heat, up to 37°C (~100°F). Those temperatures will remain for around a week. Poland (like Germany) is known to have some nasty storms - especially GOP, Małopolska & region of Częstochowa. I hope this year there won't be any incidents like last year on the stage to Bydgoszcz.

dpm1991 said:
Guys will ride the TdP in some nasty heat, up to 37°C (~100°F). Those temperatures will remain for around a week. Poland (like Germany) is known to have some nasty storms - especially GOP, Małopolska & region of Częstochowa. I hope this year there won't be any incidents like last year on the stage to Bydgoszcz.

GOP - The industrial region in Upper Silesia (don't ask for the original :D ). Centred around Katowice.

Malopolska - Little/lesser Poland - centred around Cracow.

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Tank Engine said:
dpm1991 said:

GOP - The industrial region in Upper Silesia (don't ask for the original :D ). Centred around Katowice.

Malopolska - Little/lesser Poland - centred around Cracow.
Sorry 'bout that. To this day i'm not sure how to properly translate the regions of Poland, or how to translate the "województwo" word. I don't think the "province" verb is accurate enough. I've heard of the "voivodeship" word, but it sound too comical to me to be real. GOP stands for Górnośląski Okręg Przemysłowy. In english it would be something like "Upper Silesia Industrial District" or something like that. Sorry for the offtopic.