• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Pologne 2015(2.UWT) 2-8.08

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Arked said:
I wish Henao TT abilities were better. He deserved at least one GC win this year. But again it's probably not gonna happen. My bet is on Izagirre finally winnig TdP after being runner up in last 2 editions.

To be fair it wasn't his TT ability that cost him at Cali, he just didn't have the legs on Mount Baldy and of course Sagan put in a superb performance.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Arked said:
I wish Henao TT abilities were better. He deserved at least one GC win this year. But again it's probably not gonna happen. My bet is on Izagirre finally winnig TdP after being runner up in last 2 editions.

To be fair it wasn't his TT ability that cost him at Cali, he just didn't have the legs on Mount Baldy and of course Sagan put in a superb performance.
It was in Pais Vasco.

Re:

search said:
should be a close fight for the overall victory. I think Riblon will take it in the end

It's certainly going to be close and Riblon always does well in this race, but I just can't see him winning:

He's behind quite a few riders, including Izaguirre, who beat him in the ITT last year (true, not by much, but it's not a really selective ITT and I don't see any reason for that result to change this year).

How will it play out? Probably there will be about 1min between the GC contenders.

Henao and Ullisi start in pole position. Ulissi has some very good ITT results. I'd pick him out of the two, but I'm not convinced that this course suits him.

Now 3rd-6th (10-14 seconds down). Formolo will probably do well to defend his position. De Clerq and Herrmans are dark horses. Herrmans, in particular, is a strong roleur and could pull out a surprise. Izaguirre could well be the fabvourite. He's very consistent and will do well.

Now 7th-9th: Aru, Riblon, Nieve. I can't see any of these beating all of the guys above them in GC.

Zakarin. He could have a great day, but based on this course, it would have to be an extra special ride to overtake all the guys above him.

My prediction

1. Izaguirre
2. Ulissi
3. Herrmans
4. Zakarin
5. Henao

yeah, Ion is the favorite I think - not that the course suits him particularly well, but he is the most consistent time trialist from those guys still in contention. But I think Ulissi, Riblon and Zakarin can all win this if they have a really good day.

Not so sure about Hermans...his time trials were mediocre at best over the past year. His climbing has improved a lot though, maybe BMC made him focus on different abilities in training.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Re:

search said:
yeah, Ion is the favorite I think - not that the course suits him particularly well, but he is the most consistent time trialist from those guys still in contention. But I think Ulissi, Riblon and Zakarin can all win this if they have a really good day.

Not so sure about Hermans...his time trials were mediocre at best over the past year. His climbing has improved a lot though, maybe BMC made him focus on different abilities in training.
He did well in the Belgian Nats for TT in '12 and '13 though, I think he'll do well because he's motivated.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Lol Bialoblocki, this is so weird , 1st time under Kirienka , 2nd time 4 secs faster now 1 sec faster

i'm curious if betting firms will payout on this "amazing" ride

not to talk about the hilarity of his time, if the real time is near displayed time.

TRENDING THREADS