• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of qatar - Stage 1 - West bay lagoon - 8.2km TTT

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Too hard to pick, short TTT, I expect the top 5 within 5 seconds of each but I'll tip sky for wiggins, thomas and edvald and I think they'll have put in the work in TTTs. Their leadouts at TDU were pretty solid

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
QS probably, the guys should be in the best form of the bunch right now if they want to dominate the belgian spring classics again this year.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ErmOkk said:
QS probably, the guys should be in the best form of the bunch right now if they want to dominate the belgian spring classics again this year.

its a TTT on road bikes I think. And it is just up and back. Not technical.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I question the wisdom that says that everyone will be super close. Surely Sky and Quick Step will be most movtivated by far, so even though there is nothing else going on that would make big differences, that it itself will be the difference. I will also add Garmin as an important team, simply because there TTT machine is top nonch.

Having said that, is TTT on road bikes going to make a difference to anything? I am inclined to think that it would simply add another layer of unprecditablity to the race, but it would be helpful to here from those who actually ride as to how it would affect things

A

Anonymous

stefrees said:
its skys to lose. would be good if someone random won it though

Why, they are a brand new team and have had no real opportunity to do any TTT training..

A

Anonymous

The scenery is like playing pro cycling manager with the graphics options turned down low..

A

Anonymous

Holy Sh*t, garmin smashed ten seconds off, Sky take garmin and tip them to shreds

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Kirby is superb dropping in stories about his personal history - he enlivened many a dull hour during the last TdF with his tales - but a cycling commentator? No thanks.

Having any kind of TT in a short stage race without a concomitant stage for riders who lose in the TTs to get time back makes for a deadly dull race IMO

TRENDING THREADS