• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Romandie 2013

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
airstream said:
It is something not far from hypocrisy too, because at heart you consider Froome a less legitimate winner in comparison to other riders. And it is the base of this antipathy. I think all riders are entitled to win equally... Froome, Contador Schleck, Valverde.. whoever

So you no longer believe Alberto should be shot in the head?

I don't see what all these kids here are squabbling over.
Pretty sure everyone agrees that while Froome is the favourite for the Tour, the favourite doesn't always win. "Favourite" simply means higher chance than anyone else, not "100% Chance"

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I actually prefer modest men from traditional cycling countries, so I can´t be a friend of Froome like I never was and will be a friend of any German rider (besides Reimer, Ciolek, Gretsch maybe).

I still hope for Nibali to become a Tour contender for the years to come. He´s someone who I really appreciate as a rider and as a person, someone one could not say even one bad thing about.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
That's pretty sad thinking just there.

Anyway, can't see why we can't just enjoy a great battle that will be the Tour with those two great riders... without constant forum snides from fanboys on each side.

On current form I don't think it will be a great battle.

You see Froome taking Porte to the cleaners here and remember Porte was in Wiggins territory at P-N on Col d'Eze.

Just look at Pais Vasco where Contador didn't even attack once. Almost unheard of for him in a big stage race and we also see a lot of talk from him lately about the racing catching up with him and being tired as a result("my sensations weren't good today"). I don't hear any of that sort of talk from Froome where before the coverage started on Sky today, he said he was in the perfect condition for this time of the year in his preparation for the Tour. From his showing today it would appear he is maintaining his peak just like Wiggins last year and nothing suggests to me so far he can't sustain it up until July.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Obviously Froome is favourite but there's no point trying to predict what sort of shape Contador will show up in.

What objective reasons could encourage him to race the way he is doing now in order to allegedly model his form for July is a very big question.

Great ride by Kiser. Alex is going to be ok in le Tour tt's too.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Obviously Froome is favourite but there's no point trying to predict what sort of shape Contador will show up in.
Contador is finished.
The moment he realized Froome is a real deal (since Oman) he's going downwards.
As numerous time mentioned, the true character of a rider you can see when it's not all sunshine and roses.
I'm sure Contador sees in Froome an opponent he haven't seen before, and that's making him anxious.

serfla said:
Contador is finished.
The moment he realized Froome is a real deal (since Oman) he's going downwards.
As numerous time mentioned, the true character of a rider you can see when it's not all sunshine and roses.
I'm sure Contador sees in Froome an opponent he haven't seen before, and that's making him anxious.

You mean Alberto is weak and gives up as soon as something doesn't go according to plan? Nah that doesn't sound like him at all.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
You mean Alberto is weak and gives up as soon as something doesn't go according to plan? Nah that doesn't sound like him at all.
As long as he's convinced he's the best - he copes with problems well.
That doesn't seem to be the case this spring.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

It is very difficult to consider himself by far stronger than anyone (no doubt he considered), then suddently collide with such opposition and to be forced to rebuild his racing style and even maybe mind. Probably, he's getting over it

I was following this thread on my phone during class and thought it was hilarious how IZnoGooD vanished as soon as machado delivered yet another pathetic performance

Anyway nice ride by Costa, the guy seems to have improved on prologues lately, although this wasn't a very typical prologue to be honest.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
Originally Posted by Contadoraus Schlecks
As an AC fan, if Froome wins the Tour then I would have to say well done. It is rare that AC loses a GT though

Poor I know:)

Oh that's a good one!

TRENDING THREADS