• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2021 (April 19th-23rd)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What are you keeping your eye on during the Tour of the Alps?

• who's going to win

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • a youngster or outsider the thread-starter didn't even know existed

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • the scenery

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • who's in form for the Giro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • whether Anton Palzer is the new LeMond

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • whether Bernal's back is good

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • whether Pinot's back is good

• whether Hindley will have to wait for Bardet when he's in for a podium

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • whether Hindley will have to put on a rain jacket

• your girl/boyfriend/Netflix

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I... think there might be a small mistake here...

I... think there might be a small mistake here...

Ah, well... they fixed it now.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Hindley has to show something, right? I can't remember when was the last time the 1st and 2nd from a GT both had such an underwhelming start of the season the following year (excluding injuries).
They've both had injury/illness issues it looks like

Hindley's only been in two races so far. Staying in Europe over the winter instead of training at home might have been a mistake but you can understand why. Paris-Nice instead of Tir-Ad was an odd choice but it seems he was there mainly to ride for Benoot and rode pretty much as expected. He then had to drop out of Catalunya with non-covid illness so he's very much playing catch up now

Reactions: Pinot's goat
Interestingly enough this is actually the first time they have started the race in BZ - Alto-Adige/South Tyrol. They have departed from East Tyrol a few times before the name change and from North Tyrol after it, but never from this part of the Euroregion until today.

No, he has decided to prepare for the Giro in Sierra Nevada apparently.

So everybody now thinks it's better to train somewhere instead of doing preparation races? A bit annoying... especially, when the teams are not filled up by others who get their chances, but start with less riders than allowed.
At the start of the year everybody was so eager to race. :(

Edit: The most negative part about it is that I have to constantly rewrite my opening post.

• Love
Reactions: Bonimenier

TRENDING THREADS