• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2021 (April 19th-23rd)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What are you keeping your eye on during the Tour of the Alps?

• who's going to win

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • a youngster or outsider the thread-starter didn't even know existed

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • the scenery

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • who's in form for the Giro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • whether Anton Palzer is the new LeMond

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • whether Bernal's back is good

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • whether Pinot's back is good

• whether Hindley will have to wait for Bardet when he's in for a podium

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • whether Hindley will have to put on a rain jacket

• your girl/boyfriend/Netflix

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure what Andersen's game plan was there, as I don't think he was ever going to beat Moscon in a sprint by the looks of it?

Pleased for Moscon (yes I know). He could have been a force in the classics this year if it wasn't for yet another injury. Can't see too many more ideal races now for him till towards the end of the season?

Reactions: pastronef
Tomorrow should be fun. Short stage with four mountains to climb.

The weird part of this race is that they have several climbs that are not categorized and they look hard enough to have some categorization. I am not sure what is the criteria for the category ranking. Tomorrow we have 2 uncategorized climbs. That's the reason why we don't get the profiles in the race book. LOL. Tricky!!

tour-of-the-alps-2021-stage-2-profile-efa4d95255.jpg

Not sure what other chance he had, though...a pretty sure second or be swallowed up by the pack?

he wasn't quite strong enough to ride moscon off his wheel when he attacked, maybe if he'd snuck past on the left? Anyway, exciting final 10 k for sure.

I just think Moscon is a big enough name that you shuldn't work for him when you're a PT rider. In the end it was just a repeat of MSR, but at least this Andersen could hold on to second place, which obviously isn't a bad result for him.
It will be exciting to see what Uno-X can achieve in this race, because they're definitely not afraid to take the bull by the horns against the bigger guns.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS