• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of the Alps 2021 (April 19th-23rd)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What are you keeping your eye on during the Tour of the Alps?

• who's going to win

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • a youngster or outsider the thread-starter didn't even know existed

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • the scenery

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • who's in form for the Giro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • whether Anton Palzer is the new LeMond

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • whether Bernal's back is good

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • whether Pinot's back is good

• whether Hindley will have to wait for Bardet when he's in for a podium

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • whether Hindley will have to put on a rain jacket

• your girl/boyfriend/Netflix

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure what Andersen's game plan was there, as I don't think he was ever going to beat Moscon in a sprint by the looks of it?

Pleased for Moscon (yes I know). He could have been a force in the classics this year if it wasn't for yet another injury. Can't see too many more ideal races now for him till towards the end of the season?
He most likely wasn't ever going to beat the field in a sprint either

Reactions: postmanhat
Andersen rookie mistake but great show of talent, Moscon Kudos!

Mohoric did the same in Liège last year, i.e. once he caught the small 4 man Alaphilippe group, he immediately "attacked" (which really = pulling for them). In hindsight it made no sense because he really just acted as a leadout guy, but whatever.

So I wouldn't be too harsh on Andersen here. Stuff happens & second wasn't too bad.

So everybody now thinks it's better to train somewhere instead of doing preparation races? A bit annoying... especially, when the teams are not filled up by others who get their chances, but start with less riders than allowed.
At the start of the year everybody was so eager to race. :(

Edit: The most negative part about it is that I have to constantly rewrite my opening post.
I mentioned this somewhere else: I think it’s suspicious as well as annoying. But that discussion would have to move to that other forum,

Is there any saving for Froome?
Is he just pedaling to collect his paycheck now? It is very painful to see now!
Yeah, this is a bit rough. Hard to believe, as someone said, that he was on par with riders like Valverde back in February. Looking worse every race - not the trajectory I assume he was referring to when he said in the pre-race conference that he was looking forward to "seeing exactly where he's) at." He's so far from where he was last year even at the pre-Tour races. He must have had a real setback with his injury that he's downplayed.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Mohoric did the same in Liège last year, i.e. once he caught the small 4 man Alaphilippe group, he immediately "attacked" (which really = pulling for them). In hindsight it made no sense because he really just acted as a leadout guy, but whatever.

So I wouldn't be too harsh on Andersen here. Stuff happens & second wasn't too bad.

I don't think I was too harsh saying 'but great show of talent'. He's 21 right? He's allowed to make a rookie mistake IMO.

Reactions: Sandisfan
My post isn't to be taken 100% serious, I wanted to keep it ambiguous and not too explicit.
From what I've heard he's actually a rather laid back guy off the bike, but when he's racing he hits the switch and has some serious issues.
Anyway, something a bit more lighthearted, Ganni wasn't the only one in the family out with a broken wrist, Lola had a similar problem:

TRENDING THREADS