• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Utah 2019, August 12 - August 18

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Live coverage starts @ 22:00 CET / 2PM local time.

ECRaCnnUIAAs17t.jpg:large

Cycling calendar is already really full in terms of stage races, so there aren't really many good spots left and the traditional WT stage races in the spring take up a loooot of space.
True, but I just seem to remember a better field turning up for this race. It really has everything apart from a good field, unfortunately. Too bad Dani Martinez skipped the race and riders like TJ, Porte etc.

Reactions: Red Rick
True, but I just seem to remember a better field turning up for this race. It really has everything apart from a good field, unfortunately. Too bad Dani Martinez skipped the race and riders like TJ, Porte etc.
Yes , this race would really deserve a better field.
The race organizers really try to get the best out of the terrain that they have in Utah and that aspect of the race deserves nothin but praise. If only more races would follow their example, and I'm not only talking about American stage races.

Good race for the EF, after all.
Excellent showing from Hermans. Wonder if he'd accept a WT contract (if such opportunity presents itself).

Kind of doubt it, he was in WT for a long time so I guess he had his reason to switch down. With big teams usually comes more races, more responsibility and quite possibly working for others who might be doing better that year.
PS: Dan Martin is coming to Israel Cycling Academy next year as well from UAE.

Kind of doubt it, he was in WT for a long time so I guess he had his reason to switch down. With big teams usually comes more races, more responsibility and quite possibly working for others who might be doing better that year.
PS: Dan Martin is coming to Israel Cycling Academy next year as well from UAE.
Yes, exactly the reasons I wrote I wonder... more like doubting.

TRENDING THREADS