• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 105 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
I think that CCC are in some financial difficulty and are shrinking their roster.
From what I know from Polish forums, their 2017 budget will be the same as 2016. (14,5 million PLN which means around 3,36 million EUR by current exchange rate). But they actually intend to reduce the amount of riders.

Also recent rumours from Czechia are that they'll keep Hirt and add Michal Schlegel.

qwerty16 said:
mariposa said:
TMP402 said:

Am I the only one who hopes that this team doesn't get World Tour next year?

There's basically nothing to hope for from your side. There is no way they will miss out with the points of Nibali, Izagirre, Rodriguez, Gasparotto.

I probably should have said wish rather than hope as I realise that it is a forlorn hope. I just don't like money buying a way in, even if I do like some of the riders. Reminds me too much of the way Sky started. I realise of course that the UCI rules are really to blame and their deal with ASO of course.

pastronef said:
mariposa said:
TMP402 said:

I´d hope too, but we would both lose. too many points

Yep plenty of points but a complete lack of moral compass so perfect for the UCI World Tour :rolleyes:
Hope the extra year is an absolute failure Purito

StryderHells said:
pastronef said:
mariposa said:
TMP402 said:

Yep plenty of points but a complete lack of moral compass so perfect for the UCI World Tour :rolleyes:

that´s what Purito was bought for. his many fans will forget about the Bahrain king. Purito is loved by every journalist
I liked him too, until now

pastronef said:
StryderHells said:
pastronef said:
mariposa said:
TMP402 said:

that´s what Purito was bought for. his many fans will forget about the Bahrain king. Purito is loved by every journalist
I liked him too, until now

Good luck to the journalists that sing his praises but this team will fall on its arse much like Tinkoff and his toy of a team and we've seen how that's ended... Purito can have this blemish on his career the poor old fella (mind you Katusha wasn't all that great :D )

Horrified to see Gediminas Bagdonas on that list. Sign him somebody, for God's sake. For sentimental reasons I'd like him to be one of the final five AquaBlue riders: Anyone who smashes up the Ras two years in a row should be given honorary Irish citizenship.

As an aside, I wonder if Brajkovic was the "big name" climber AquaBlue were negotiating with at one point. It occurs to me that he's probably the "biggest name" climber under 35 who was still potentially available when they made that statement.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
As an aside, I wonder if Brajkovic was the "big name" climber AquaBlue were negotiating with at one point. It occurs to me that he's probably the "biggest name" climber under 35 who was still potentially available when they made that statement.

I'm pretty sure it was Denifl. Given the fact the he challenged for the KOM at this years Giro, I guess they could say he is a climber for PR value.

Ricco' said:
Zinoviev Letter said:

I'm pretty sure it was Denifl. Given the fact the he challenged for the KOM at this years Giro, I guess they could say he is a climber for PR value.

Could be, but even allowing for the loss of accuracy involved in translating English to PR-speak, it seems like a very big stretch to describe Denifl as anything like a marquee name. At that point they had only finalised about half of the deals they would finally make with riders and were apparently talking to a larger number. I suspect that it's more likely that they were hoping to get someone who in the end decided he could do better than a brand new PCT outfit. A Brajkovic or an Arroyo or someone like that would fit the bill, a well known name but not at the height of their powers.

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
oh man that bora hansgrohe is like mancity or psg, now that they got a bunch of money they become arrogant, fair enough thats how cycling works but without that money they would still be packfillers and their main goal would be getting in the break of a tour stage.

Re:

robin440 said:
oh man that bora hansgrohe is like mancity or psg, now that they got a bunch of money they become arrogant, fair enough thats how cycling works but without that money they would still be packfillers and their main goal would be getting in the break of a tour stage.

Yeah, it is completely understandable to sign Sagan, Majka and Konig and set the goals at top 20 in GT and a win in a 1.1 race so at least they won't sound arrogant..