• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sky Italia isn't sponsoring Sky since 2013. Why does this fact seemingly lives in this forum :p Italia sold all its stake to 21st Century Fox in 2013.

TMP402 said:
Oliwright said:
Trek have said Mollema will leave as he has done nothing other than 8th at the Tour since joining on a big contract.

Just what the f**k did they expect?
Yeah I don't know what they expected from him, he's a capable rider but if they wanted him winning more then they should of planned a program that didn't revolve around the TDF.

Also what is the source for this rumour?

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
StryderHells said:
portugal11 said:
Contador will go to astana
No he won't
Maybe Vino will offer him a fat contract. But he has a bad experience with Astana so I doubt he will go there.
Lampre still seems the most likely option to me :p

Don't you think he'll go to the Riis team? If Tinkoff are folding, what would be the point of Riis' team if not to build around one of the two Tinkoff stars?

TMP402 said:
Don't you think he'll go to the Riis team? If Tinkoff are folding, what would be the point of Riis' team if not to build around one of the two Tinkoff stars?
I don't think the Riis project is happening, at least not this year. And I'm not sure the point of the team is to pick up where Oleg left off :p anyway, I think Alberto wants some certainty for next season, and a new project doesn't offer that. Who else would they be able to sign, will they get a WT license etc.?

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
StryderHells said:
portugal11 said:
Contador will go to astana
No he won't
Maybe Vino will offer him a fat contract. But he has a bad experience with Astana so I doubt he will go there.
Lampre still seems the most likely option to me :p

Trek.

carolina said:
maybe majka to trek? at least his better then mollema.

Majka doesn't sell bikes.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Hgriffiths2606 said:
Thomas is almost certain to stay at Sky as are Henao, Viviani and Swift, Matthews and Rosa are almost certain for Sky, Nibali is going to Bahrain, Boonen to Lotto-Soudal and apparently Tinkoff are folding with Sagan considering Ettix, BMC and Sky, Maijka is considering Lampre, Ettix, BMC or Sky and apparently König is 50:50 could go back to Bora and Gilbert is almost certain for Lotto-Soudal apparently Mollema will stay after TRS realised they weren't going to sign Nibali, Dutch press are reporting that Boom might go to Lotto NL Jumbo

Sagan to BMC could be good. He has no business at Sky.

Hgriffiths2606 said:
Thomas is almost certain to stay at Sky as are Henao, Viviani and Swift, Matthews and Rosa are almost certain for Sky, Nibali is going to Bahrain, Boonen to Lotto-Soudal and apparently Tinkoff are folding with Sagan considering Ettix, BMC and Sky, Maijka is considering Lampre, Ettix, BMC or Sky and apparently König is 50:50 could go back to Bora and Gilbert is almost certain for Lotto-Soudal apparently Mollema will stay after TRS realised they weren't going to sign Nibali, Dutch press are reporting that Boom might go to Lotto NL Jumbo

Yeah sure, Gilbert & Boonen, the two best paid Belgians, are going to LTS :eek:

Samamba said:
Hgriffiths2606 said:

Quite alot of bs in that one, very long sentence.

I was imagining all these Dutch "GT" talents in one team.
Kruijswijk, Mollema, Ten Dam, Gesink, Kelderman. Poels, Dumoulin. Throw in Terpstra for some drama. Rabobank will return and they will go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 on L'Alpe d'huez in 2017!

Breh said:
Samamba said:
Hgriffiths2606 said:

Quite alot of bs in that one, very long sentence.

I was imagining all these Dutch "GT" talents in one team.
Kruijswijk, Mollema, Ten Dam, Gesink, Kelderman. Poels, Dumoulin. Throw in Terpstra for some drama. Rabobank will return and they will go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 on L'Alpe d'huez in 2017!

They'll go 2-3-4-5-6-7-8 :D

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Samamba said:
Hgriffiths2606 said:

That's what's being said in the press