• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe Sky wants to go stage hunting with Rosa and Viviani next Giro.
Maybe Landa's already on his way out again. To a new big (Spanish) team.
Maybe Astana's gonna close after being the main advertisement for the Expo 2017 just there. So either they're gonna shut down after 2017 or they'll become a smaller team that focuses on Lutsenko, Gilbert & the classics.

These are the only scenarios where those rumors would make some sense for me!

Re:

staubsauger said:
Maybe Astana's gonna close after being the main advertisement for the Expo 2017 just there. So either they're gonna shut down after 2017 or they'll become a smaller team that focuses on Lutsenko, Gilbert & the classics.

Rosa wants to concentrate on hilly classics and week long stage races. Which would give Sky some unreal strength in both.

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

MatParker117 said:
staubsauger said:

Rosa wants to concentrate on hilly classics and week long stage races. Which would give Sky some unreal strength in both.
I think Rosa to Sky makes more sense than people think, he's going for one week and one day races, Sky would be great for developing him in that respect, although people seem to be writing off Landa, he could prove to be one of the best stage racers of the generation, Sky will not write him off any time soon

Re:

staubsauger said:

They will take a budget cut, that much has been confirmed by Vino and people in Kazakhstan, but they will continue!

markene2 said:
staubsauger said:

They will take a budget cut, that much has been confirmed by Vino and people in Kazakhstan, but they will continue!
Okay.

But then it makes sense that the Kazakhs stop paying the check for a big Italian cycling team. Which eventually results in Nibali, Aru, Rosa and Martinelli all leaving.

Ain't it!?

MatParker117 said:
staubsauger said:

Yes, but aren't Poels, Kwiatowski for both the of those and Thomas for just the week long stage races? That is pretty strong already. Then you've also got Kennaugh, and the Henao's...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
MatParker117 said:
DBotero said:
Rosa will be an amazing signing for Sky.Kangert seems to be in his last year at Astana and it would make a good addition too.If Nibali/Aru/Rosa are leaving I'm wondering if Astana will carry on at this level :(
The Kazakh economy has taken a pounding from the oil price and Astana is probably looking at a serious budget cut as a result.
this nonsense has been said countless of times, same for lampre folding every year. it never happened and won't happen anytime soon

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
MatParker117 said:
DBotero said:
Rosa will be an amazing signing for Sky.Kangert seems to be in his last year at Astana and it would make a good addition too.If Nibali/Aru/Rosa are leaving I'm wondering if Astana will carry on at this level :(
The Kazakh economy has taken a pounding from the oil price and Astana is probably looking at a serious budget cut as a result.
this nonsense has been said countless of times, same for lampre folding every year. it never happened and won't happen anytime soon
The difference is that the Kazakh taxpayer foots the bill for Astana and the economy has taken a pounding of the likes that were seen in Europe in 2008 but worse it is on the cards for folding after the expo next year

Re:

Hgriffiths2606 said:
I've just seen on the Contador thread that Alberto could join EQS, what do we think of that?

Lefevere posting on cn forum now? hahaha :D :D :D :D :D

Well pat was already talking around last season how he was going to sign Nibali for next year (lol nobody believed him ofcourse) but then he called Vincenzo an idiot or what was it at Tirreno so now he'll have to start these rumours about next big name available.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Jancouver said:
Contador also rumored to join Jelly Belly as Lachlan Morton is looking for a quality domestique.
Yes, Morton needs a strong superdomestique for Gila, Utah and the USA Pro Challenge (if they come back with a new sponsor), maybe Contador would be the co-leader in the 4th gt, it would look really good on his palmares. :D
Most of those Contador rumours are pretty strange,what's next, Rabofail (payback for the 2007 TdF)?

This is a massive transfer season with the following riders out of contract just to name a few:
Nibali, Contador, Thomas, Konig, Fulsang, Talansky, Boonen, Gilbert, Mathews, Sagan, Degenkolb, Majka, Mollema, Vanmarcke, Greipel, Boom, Viviani, Swift and Rosa etc

Gazetta who are obviously knowledgable with Nibali say he is 90% certain to leave Astana, trek say he isn't joing them so one would assume the new Bahrain project or Riis.

Contador has been linked to Trek, Lampre and Ettix.

Daniel Friebe says Rosa to Sky is almost done.

Thomas will wait to see how he does at the Tour since he is going in as a protected rider.
But he probably will stay at Sky, as he can earn a lot more since he is British there.

Konig is set to leave sky aparently, I'd expect him to go to a smaller team, where he plans to pick up top 10s.

Fulsang is apparently staying at Astana.

Vanmarke has announced he is leaving Loto, could go to etix, trek etc

Boonen will surely re sign at Etix.

Sagan has been wanted my Etix for years, but i think there are 2 many top starts for him. He would get opportunity in sprints with Kittel there.

Surely Greipel will re-sign with Loto he's done well there.

Talanksy will depend on his Tour performance.

Gilbert to lotto is a rumour I've heard which would make sense.

Mathews to sky has long been a rumour which makes sense, but wouldn't you stay at Orica where you can have a team dedicated to you?

Viviani fits Sky well as he doesn't need a leadout, with Sky Italia also sponsoring the team they will want Italians.

Majka i have no clue.

Trek have said Mollema will leave as he has done nothing other than 8th at the Tour since joining on a big contract.

I think Swift will leave Sky, maybe go to a smaller team. Or become a leadout man

Degenkolb could replace cancelara at trek. That would make work well in my opinion.

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Oliwright said:
This is a massive transfer season with the following riders out of contract just to name a few:
Nibali, Contador, Thomas, Konig, Fulsang, Talansky, Boonen, Gilbert, Mathews, Sagan, Degenkolb, Majka, Mollema, Vanmarcke, Greipel, Boom, Viviani, Swift and Rosa etc

Gazetta who are obviously knowledgable with Nibali say he is 90% certain to leave Astana, trek say he isn't joing them so one would assume the new Bahrain project or Riis.

Contador has been linked to Trek, Lampre and Ettix.

Daniel Friebe says Rosa to Sky is almost done.

Thomas will wait to see how he does at the Tour since he is going in as a protected rider.
But he probably will stay at Sky, as he can earn a lot more since he is British there.

Konig is set to leave sky aparently, I'd expect him to go to a smaller team, where he plans to pick up top 10s.

Fulsang is apparently staying at Astana.

Vanmarke has announced he is leaving Loto, could go to etix, trek etc

Boonen will surely re sign at Etix.

Sagan has been wanted my Etix for years, but i think there are 2 many top starts for him. He would get opportunity in sprints with Kittel there.

Surely Greipel will re-sign with Loto he's done well there.

Talanksy will depend on his Tour performance.

Gilbert to lotto is a rumour I've heard which would make sense.

Mathews to sky has long been a rumour which makes sense, but wouldn't you stay at Orica where you can have a team dedicated to you?

Viviani fits Sky well as he doesn't need a leadout, with Sky Italia also sponsoring the team they will want Italians.

Majka i have no clue.

Trek have said Mollema will leave as he has done nothing other than 8th at the Tour since joining on a big contract.

I think Swift will leave Sky, maybe go to a smaller team. Or become a leadout man

Degenkolb could replace cancelara at trek. That would make work well in my opinion.[/quote

Thomas is almost certain to stay at Sky as are Henao, Viviani and Swift, Matthews and Rosa are almost certain for Sky, Nibali is going to Bahrain, Boonen to Lotto-Soudal and apparently Tinkoff are folding with Sagan considering Ettix, BMC and Sky, Maijka is considering Lampre, Ettix, BMC or Sky and apparently König is 50:50 could go back to Bora and Gilbert is almost certain for Lotto-Soudal apparently Mollema will stay after TRS realised they weren't going to sign Nibali, Dutch press are reporting that Boom might go to Lotto NL Jumbo