• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2016 > 2017

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Rollthedice said:
Ion Izagirre confirmed for Bahrain Merida.
Good signing. One of the best riders out there for 1-week races, basically a better version of Spilak at this point. I hope he will get to win Pais Vasco at some point - was domestique for a semi weak Quintana in 2015 and fell ill this year after overall elevating his overall level.

Re:

TMP402 said:
Hutarovich, Breen, and Brun all leaving Fortuneo. They join Cam, Tronet, Loubet, Sorensen, and Hivert. Bideau and Fédrigo are also retiring.

http://www.letelegramme.fr/cyclisme/fortuneo-vital-concept-hutarovich-breen-et-brun-s-en-vont-12-10-2016-11252265.php

Building the squad around McLay?

Has McLay been confirmed for next season? With Meersman coming in its no surprise they are moving Hutarovich on and they have brought in a couple of other handy riders such as Jeannesson, Bouet and Hardy. Curious to see who else they bring in.

Re:

TMP402 said:
Hutarovich, Breen, and Brun all leaving Fortuneo. They join Cam, Tronet, Loubet, Sorensen, and Hivert. Bideau and Fédrigo are also retiring.

Sørensen might be joining Riwal Platform. Apparently they'll be "presenting a TdF rider in the near future", and there aren't that many left.
You mean retiring from the team, right? Not retiring from the sport.

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
TMP402 said:

Sørensen might be joining Riwal Platform. Apparently they'll be "presenting a TdF rider in the near future", and there aren't that many left.
You mean retiring from the team, right? Not retiring from the sport.

Bideau and Fedrigo retired from the sport.

yaco said:
TMP402 said:
yaco said:
swuzzlebubble said:
Still nothing re J-Macarthy?

Interesting because Tinkoff have finished their committments so he is free to announce a new team, if indeed he has a new team.

Reckon he would be a great fit for OBE but alas they are super fussy when selecting Aussie riders.

Could you expand on that?

Simply OBE wants the best bike riders in the team - Being Australian doesn't get you a free pass.

Impey, as expected, has been re-signed for 3 years.
http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/impey-to-stay-at-orica-bikeexchange-for-next-three-years

This brings them up to 26 riders signed for 2017. The only unsigned rider from their 2016 roster is Cheung King Lok (HKG) whom I'm not expected to see re-engaged. Will they cap their numbers at 26 or stay at 27 (their 2016 number) ?

As for McCarthy to OBE; whilst I can see a very plausible case that can be made for him, it is not as if he's a priority signing .... more a "he could be useful". He may be wanting leadership for some races; which races could you see OBE offering this to him ? You're looking at "maybes" (TDU perhaps) rather than the certainty he would be looking for.

If we were talking end of season 2017 with OGE; where Hayman & Tuft are likely to collect their superannuation & Gerrans & Albasini may be considering retirement or much more secondary roles; then the OBE situation would be more favourable for him ...... but sadly the timing doesn't look quite right for this to come off & again, he's not quite a "priority" signing.

pastronef said:
GP Blanco said:
DNP-Old said:
Jetse Bol to Manzana apparently... I don't like where this is going.

Indeed, why should a Colombian team sign a mediocre dutch rider? Flatland experience?

Jetse Bol has married a mexican girl, he speaks spanish, and I guess he wanted to get mexican passport. maybe they consider him already centro-americano ;)
makes more sense now

StryderHells said:
Has McLay been confirmed for next season? With Meersman coming in its no surprise they are moving Hutarovich on and they have brought in a couple of other handy riders such as Jeannesson, Bouet and Hardy. Curious to see who else they bring in.

I was about 75% certain his contract includes next year (even though he isn't listed on PCS as such), but the only source I can find is:

The contract offer from Fortuneo-Vital Concept - the Brittany-based Pro Continental squad handed a wild-card entry for this year's Tour - was the only one that came McLay's way that winter but the results are working out well on both sides - with another year to run on his deal.

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/britains-dan-mclay-impressing-on-his-tour-debut

dirkprovin said:
yaco said:
TMP402 said:
yaco said:
swuzzlebubble said:

Interesting because Tinkoff have finished their committments so he is free to announce a new team, if indeed he has a new team.

Reckon he would be a great fit for OBE but alas they are super fussy when selecting Aussie riders.

Simply OBE wants the best bike riders in the team - Being Australian doesn't get you a free pass.

http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/impey-to-stay-at-orica-bikeexchange-for-next-three-years

This brings them up to 26 riders signed for 2017. The only unsigned rider from their 2016 roster is Cheung King Lok (HKG) whom I'm not expected to see re-engaged. Will they cap their numbers at 26 or stay at 27 (their 2016 number) ?

Are you sure Cheung King Lok doesn't have a contract for next season? According to this https://cyclingiq.com/2016/03/11/hong-kongs-cheung-king-lok-signs-with-orica-greenedge/ he has one, also PCS has him down for 2017.

Good to see Impey re-signed, he looks happy and is a very reliable and valuable rider to OBE

dirkprovin said:
yaco said:
TMP402 said:
yaco said:
swuzzlebubble said:

As for McCarthy to OBE; whilst I can see a very plausible case that can be made for him, it is not as if he's a priority signing .... more a "he could be useful". He may be wanting leadership for some races; which races could you see OBE offering this to him ? You're looking at "maybes" (TDU perhaps) rather than the certainty he would be looking for.

If we were talking end of season 2017 with OGE; where Hayman & Tuft are likely to collect their superannuation & Gerrans & Albasini may be considering retirement or much more secondary roles; then the OBE situation would be more favourable for him ...... but sadly the timing doesn't look quite right for this to come off & again, he's not quite a "priority" signing.

Lok is signed for 2017 - Seeme like he's been re-programmed since the Olympics and will ride the Tour of Dubai.

So in

Verona
Kreuzeger
Kluge

Out

Meier
Tzurruka

This seems about right considering the extra WT events in 2017 - Kreuzeger is the rider who excites me - Can win a one week stage race and be competitive in the Ardennes.

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

*** the quick said:
TMP402 said:

He is CCC's second signing for 2017, the first is Jan Tratnik. Both good riders, but generally CCC's squad for 2017 may be one of the weakest at the Pro Conti level, as their main protagonists are either already confirmed or rumoured to leave (de la Parte, Hirt, Rebellin) and they want to reduce the squad significantly.

Where is Rebellin rumoured going to in 2017?

@yaco
Don't forget Matthews is also out so it looks like 3 in and 3 out for OBE this transfer season

Agree that Krueziger looks like a good signing and to add to what you wrote is that he also adds experience to the GT team providing he doesn't spit the dummy and actually plays the Domestique role I assume he was brought in to do.

janraaskalt3 said:
**** the quick said:
TMP402 said:

He is CCC's second signing for 2017, the first is Jan Tratnik. Both good riders, but generally CCC's squad for 2017 may be one of the weakest at the Pro Conti level, as their main protagonists are either already confirmed or rumoured to leave (de la Parte, Hirt, Rebellin) and they want to reduce the squad significantly.

Where is Rebellin rumoured going to in 2017?

He said he was retiring but then un-retired, so I guess he may stay at CCC. Either way, I never heard him linked with another team.

Bora picks up Saramotins, Pelucchi and McCarthy

With Aleksejs Saramotins and Matteo Pelucchi another two new riders arrive from IAM Cycling. Saramotins will be an important domestique for the Classics, Pelucchi will strengthen the group of sprinters. Also Jay McCarthy joins the team coming from Tinkoff. The young Australian will be built up for one week tours. Dominik Nerz has to quit his career.

http://www.bora-argon18.com/en/news/argonnews201610kader-final/argonnews201610kader-final/2041197

TRENDING THREADS