• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2017 > 2018

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Bushman said:
Casper Pedersen (recent European u23 champ) has signed with Aqua Blue Sport

Cool. With the unfortunate tendency for Danish riders to fall through when making the big step up, then maybe a two-step (conti, pro-conti, maybe later WT) approach is the smartest idea. + He'll get a Danish teammate and a Danish DS.
One question, though, what's your source?

Stilletto said:
Wow that's got to be the best double post ever ?!?

Pretty sure a double-post is when the same user posts two posts in a row, not when two different users post two posts about the same subject in a row...

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

jarvo said:
wouterkaas said:
Well that makes Halvorsen the only sprinter left at Sky, right?
Must be a another sprinter coming into the team, It seems strange that Sky would not want to compete in any flat stages next year? They can't put all their eggs in the basket of a neo-pro for sprint victories?
I guess so. Although I wouldn't be surprised if talented and experienced sprinters wouldn't be that eager to join Sky if they have any GT ambitions.

RedheadDane said:
Stilletto said:
Wow that's got to be the best double post ever ?!?

Pretty sure a double-post is when the same user posts two posts in a row, not when two different users post two posts about the same subject in a row...
Quelle horreur!1!! :surprised: :surprised: :surprised: It's clear what he meant, right? :)

Re:

capuldemetal said:
i guess the brothers have their personal ambitions..
I think there is another reason. After hiring Landa and keeping Valverde and Quintana there is simply no money left to pay decent wages for good helpers. That's why so many of them are leaving. I mean, if they are even going to Cofidis you know that the situation is serious.

Like I already said in the Movistar thread, i heard from insiders that Unzué approached Abarca about the possibility of signing Landa two months ago, and they were going to bring in some money so Landa can be signed without crippling the rest of their roster. :D

Guess that plan didn't work out, though José didn't really do a lot recently, at least Jesús was going to be worth keeping around. :sad:

As people already commented in the Spanish forums, there is more positives than negatives in the transfer of the Herrada Bros from Movistar to Cofidis.

They will both have liberty to chase stages in Vuelta/Tour. Jesús is fairly quick and all-terrain, while José used to be a very decent climber up to 2 years ago. Out of the GT, Cofidis can offer a very good Spanish/French calendar.

We will have a proper Spanish national champion jersey for the first time in decades (and maybe we are lucky with Castroviejo's TT jersey too).

Movistar may be forced to promote BOTH Samitier and Castrillo, which are very good talents, and possibly resign Betancur and Dayer Quintana.

KyoGrey said:
As people already commented in the Spanish forums, there is more positives than negatives in the transfer of the Herrada Bros from Movistar to Cofidis.

They will both have liberty to chase stages in Vuelta/Tour. Jesús is fairly quick and all-terrain, while José used to be a very decent climber up to 2 years ago. Out of the GT, Cofidis can offer a very good Spanish/French calendar.

We will have a proper Spanish national champion jersey for the first time in decades (and maybe we are lucky with Castroviejo's TT jersey too).

Movistar may be forced to promote BOTH Samitier and Castrillo, which are very good talents, and possibly resign Betancur and Dayer Quintana.

We will do, it will probably be similar to the British champions jersey as it's the model Sky tend to follow.

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have information on the young Brit, Christopher Lawless, and the American, Neilson Powless? As I am not familiar with either of them I would like to know what their strengths are.

b.broadhurst said:
Well I guess I was wrong, another departure from Sky.

Van Poppel to Lotto.

Extremely light for sprints and classics next year.

Mezgec, Modolo and Vanmarcke all available I believe.

Lawless too, though I doubt another youngster makes sense. Suspect Doull will just get sprint chances.

Re: Re:

fauniera said:
capuldemetal said:
i guess the brothers have their personal ambitions..
I think there is another reason. After hiring Landa and keeping Valverde and Quintana there is simply no money left to pay decent wages for good helpers. That's why so many of them are leaving. I mean, if they are even going to Cofidis you know that the situation is serious.

Well Cofidis may be offering over the odds to get that Vuelta invitation - Navarro is so irrelevant now that the Vuelta must be thinking about it.

TRENDING THREADS