• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If I was the agent of Carapaz I would definitely have spoken to Ineo$ (or claimed to have) and leaked the terms to the press (or just plucked a figure out of mid air). Ineo$ are the obvious "go to" team for any rider transfer speculation to drive up demand in the same way that every top footballer gets linked to Real Madrid

Re:

Eyeballs Out said:
If I was the agent of Carapaz I would definitely have spoken to Ineo$ (or claimed to have) and leaked the terms to the press (or just plucked a figure out of mid air). Ineo$ are the obvious "go to" team for any rider transfer speculation to drive up demand in the same way that every top footballer gets linked to Real Madrid
Carapaz's agent has a very good working relationship with Ineos - he represents 12 of their current squad. They're his go-to team for actual contracts.

Re: Re:

Parker said:
Eyeballs Out said:
Carapaz's agent has a very good working relationship with Ineos - he represents 12 of their current squad. They're his go-to team for actual contracts.

talks between Skyneos and Acquadro (Carapaz's agent) date back to last year/this winter. it could have even been settled before this season started

pastronef said:
Parker said:
Eyeballs Out said:

talks between Skyneos and Acquadro (Carapaz's agent) date back to last year/this winter. it could have even been settled before this season started
So they threw 1.5M at a rider with one 4th in a Giro and a win in Asturias?

Red Rick said:
pastronef said:
Parker said:
Eyeballs Out said:

We're talking about the team that is paying Poels over 1M per year and that was willing to pay Rosa 3.5M for 3 years, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Mayomaniac said:
Red Rick said:
pastronef said:
Parker said:
Eyeballs Out said:

We're talking about the team that is paying Poels over 1M per year and that was willing to pay Rosa 3.5M for 3 years, so it wouldn't surprise me.

We're talking aobut a team that can pay the lowest guy on the team 1M a year if they want to. They are paying millions per year to guys that are nothing more than domestiques no matter what team they would be on.

quote="Koronin"]
Mayomaniac said:
Red Rick said:
pastronef said:
Parker said:
Eyeballs Out said:

We're talking aobut a team that can pay the lowest guy on the team 1M a year if they want to. They are paying millions per year to guys that are nothing more than domestiques no matter what team they would be on.[/quote]

Like I've said before, it's a short career and lot of these riders including Richard Carapaz have families to take care of. Ineos is offering to increase his salary tenfold and can go higher if they need to (Brailsford apparently routinely triples offers for riders he wants). If he takes the offer we have no right to complain, it's his career.

MatParker117 said:
quote="Koronin"]
Red Rick said:
pastronef said:
Parker said:
Eyeballs Out said:

We're talking aobut a team that can pay the lowest guy on the team 1M a year if they want to. They are paying millions per year to guys that are nothing more than domestiques no matter what team they would be on.[/quote]

Like I've said before, it's a short career and lot of these riders including Richard Carapaz have families to take care of. Ineos is offering to increase his salary tenfold and can go higher if they need to (Brailsford apparently routinely triples offers for riders he wants). If he takes the offer we have no right to complain, it's his career.[/quote]

He has the right to make the choice and never have any more results again. 10 to 15 years is a long career when it comes to athletes.

Re:

Koronin said:
There are some rumors that Iñigo Elosegui is going sign with Movistar and might be signing a training contract to start this summer with Movistar. He's currently with Lizarte.
elosegui is a done deal they are in talks also with jefferson cepeda so it might be that not only quintana and landa will leave the team,but also a part of the suport team

capuldemetal said:
Koronin said:
There are some rumors that Iñigo Elosegui is going sign with Movistar and might be signing a training contract to start this summer with Movistar. He's currently with Lizarte.
elosegui is a done deal they are in talks also with jefferson cepeda so it might be that not only quintana and landa will leave the team,but also a part of the suport team

TY. What I read It sounded like it was close. That's possible. I expect a major shake up with Movistar's lineup for next year. With only Soler and Verona singed past this year, if they want to make massive changes, this is the year to do it.

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Laplaz said:
Latest rumours (Marca):
Carapaz to stay with Movistar (1m/year)
Landa, Rojas and Pello Bilbao to Bahrain-Merida
Quintana to Arkea-Samsic
Fuglsang and Mas to Movistar
Zakarin to CCC
Cattaneo to Astana

Bahrain will put all to Landa. But i think rojas not go out movistar.

Re:

Laplaz said:
Latest rumours (Marca):
Quintana to Arkea-Samsic
Zakarin to CCC
Cattaneo to Astana

The accuracy of Marca's rumors tends to waver a little, but Fuglsang would be a very interesting (and pleasant tbh)
addition to Movistar's roster.

Movitrain said:
Laplaz said:
Latest rumours (Marca):
Quintana to Arkea-Samsic
Zakarin to CCC
Cattaneo to Astana

The accuracy of Marca's rumors tends to waver a little, but Fuglsang would be a very interesting (and pleasant tbh)
addition to Movistar's roster.

Imagine if they realised they might be able to get Valgren cheap, reuniting that duo :cool: