• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Transfers and Rumours 2019 > 2020

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Outside of Mas and Soler they may be very weak. They've let far too many rouleurs leave in the last few years without replacing them.
I think it might be Mas and Soler where the problem lies. They're good riders you want to have in the team but if they're your 2 biggest hopes for results apart from Valverde, you might end up on a level you're not accustomed to be on as Movistar.

As for domestiques, they've lost a lot of qualify ones over the last 5 or so years but they were still able to provide their leaders very good support. They still have riders like Cataldo, Erviti, Oliveira, Pedrero, Roelandts, Rojas, Sepulveda and Verona for all sorts of terrain for 2020. They'll be relatively OK on this ground IMO. The main blow comes from losing Landa, Quintana and Carapaz all at the same time and replacing them only with Mas, who himself had much weaker season than any of those.

Reactions: postmanhat
Boels Dolmans are looking for a new sponsor, I don't think this will take long.

Danny Stam has said his priority is to remain an independent women's team, but I suppose that might change, since he'd also like a bigger budget for another 6 or 7 riders so they can field two teams at once more comfortably. Might be something of test case for the future of women's cycling under the new regime - if Boels can't survive as an independent team, I'm not sure who can. They're also a pretty Dutch outfit. That can change to some degree but isn't an obvious fit for Ineos, culturally or logistically.

Still, money talks and things are changing fast in women's cycling.

I think it might be Mas and Soler where the problem lies. They're good riders you want to have in the team but if they're your 2 biggest hopes for results apart from Valverde, you might end up on a level you're not accustomed to be on as Movistar.

As for domestiques, they've lost a lot of qualify ones over the last 5 or so years but they were still able to provide their leaders very good support. They still have riders like Cataldo, Erviti, Oliveira, Pedrero, Roelandts, Rojas, Sepulveda and Verona for all sorts of terrain for 2020. They'll be relatively OK on this ground IMO. The main blow comes from losing Landa, Quintana and Carapaz all at the same time and replacing them only with Mas, who himself had much weaker season than any of those.
Maybe they can see if Canyon have a size that’ll fit Dennis. He’ll win races and help their climbers on flat days.

Riders getting out of their contracts is bad. You can't ask for respect from owners/managers if you don't also have the same respect.
Riders just walking away would be bad, but I haven’t seen much of that? Terminating contracts by mutual consent is fine; it’s the reason we have contracts. The other reason being that one party can’t just ditch the other when they feel like it.

It's amazing how much the sprint scene has changed in a few years. Cavindish and Greipel are old which explains them but Kittel too and also guys like Demare Coquard and Bouhanni missing in action. Despite all the new GC and WC winners I don't think any of the other disciplines have had such a severe change where all the favourites of a few years age have dropped off the scene

It's amazing how much the sprint scene has changed in a few years. Cavindish and Greipel are old which explains them but Kittel too and also guys like Demare Coquard and Bouhanni missing in action. Despite all the new GC and WC winners I don't think any of the other disciplines have had such a severe change where all the favourites of a few years age have dropped off the scene
Demare won a stage in the Giro this season so it’s a bit unfair to compare him with the other you’re mentioning

About Movistar, is there some place you can see a list of contracted riders for next season?

TRENDING THREADS