• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Travis Tygart - antidoping hero or chocolate teapot?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

B_Ugli said:
thehog said:
sniper said:
Louise ‏@Swift__Girl 8 Std.Vor 8 Stunden

Remember when @DavidEpstein won awards for his excellent investigation of Salazar & NOP but USADA couldn't find any wrongdoing? #Odd

In the age of "transpency" the latest anti-doping catchphrase is: "xxxxxx does not comment on ongoing investigations".

Most convenient :rolleyes:

I picked up on the that in relation to the Linda McCartney article on CN. Everyone who had been contacted by CN said they hadn't been contacted by UKAD apart from Team Sky on behalf of their doctor who was a "no comment".

If you want to kill speculation dead surely you say I wasn't contacted....................
but surely then ukad could have come out and publicly disprove it, which would put the suspects in an even more awkward daylight.
only if ukad had really contacted them, of course.

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Floyd has been giving Tygart and Bock hell in some recent emails, even mentioning Tygart's love of strip clubs. They are hilarious.

Here is an interesting thing. One of Floyd's big hopes for exposing Lance was that Lance, with his money and influence and combative nature, would fight the charges and expose the WADA system for the corrupt sewer it is. Unfortunately Lance pussied out.

I think it is tomorrow when Landis will be doing an interview for ESPN.

T-Minus six days or so. I have lost count and it is a rather fuzzy date anyway. Will post pics.

DamianoMachiavelli said:
Floyd has been giving Tygart and Bock hell in some recent emails, even mentioning Tygart's love of strip clubs. They are hilarious.

Here is an interesting thing. One of Floyd's big hopes for exposing Lance was that Lance, with his money and influence and combative nature, would fight the charges and expose the WADA system for the corrupt sewer it is. Unfortunately Lance pussied out.

T-Minus six days or so. I have lost count and it is a rather fuzzy date anyway. Will post pics.

Strip clubs! That's not very Christianly! :cool: :cool:

DamianoMachiavelli said:

Really it will be awesome to see greymanrod interview, is that really going to happen? At this point, I would love to see Floyds' viewpoint, on WADA, USADA, Tygart, IOC, who in my opinion have shown, as corrupt, as UCI Verbruggen, MCQuaid, FIFA, NFL. all bought with the same currencies. MONEY TRUMPS honest sport, always.

This Charming Man said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:

Really it will be awesome to see greymanrod interview, is that really going to happen? At this point, I would love to see Floyds' viewpoint, on WADA, USADA, Tygart, IOC, who in my opinion have shown, as corrupt, as UCI Verbruggen, MCQuaid, FIFA, NFL. all bought with the same currencies. MONEY TRUMPS honest sport, always.

Hopefully the infamous hospital room confession can be replaced by the strip club confession? :cool:

thehog said:
This Charming Man said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:

Hopefully the infamous hospital room confession can be replaced by the strips club confession? :cool:
Chapaue!!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DamianoMachiavelli said:

Spearmint Rhino? He can catch up with heavy Kevvie the ex Primeminister of Australia hands off the merchandise sir... and Elliot Spitzer Client 9 of whatever he was... and Yellow Rose Austin TX and the hookers and blow.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:

Strip clubs! That's not very Christianly! :cool: :cool:

definitely not the Muscular Christianity variety. you are not allowed to mention sir jimmy saville around here, they give out knighthoods to some very poor examples to the cyclists,

can you imagine queenie knighting Froome-dawg.

Be upstanding Froome-dawg, I knight you Sir Froome-dawg.

does LRP have a british passport too? theres hope for us all.

Maybe we've been here before with Tygart;

Through his spokesperson on Wednesday, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) chief Travis Tygart refused to answer our general questions about his past role as an in-house investigator of sexual abuse complaints at USA Swimming.

On Thursday, USADA senior communications manager Annie Skinner did not respond at all to email and voice messages asking Tygart for comment on our specific information about how he came to be the USA Swimming lawyer coordinating the investigation of a Venezuelan coach at Tygart’s old school in Florida.

Also: Why did the coach’s subsequent lifetime ban remain a secret for more than eight years? Why does he apparently continue to coach, to this day, back in his native country?

We pieced together the chronology of Simon Daniel “Danny” Chocron – now 40 years old and enduringly, defiantly visible at his website, http://dannychocron.com – through contemporary news accounts, Jacksonville sheriff and Duval County court records, and USA Swimming sources.

In several respects, the Chocron story parallels that of Brazilian Alex Pussieldi. Concussion Inc.’s extensive coverage of the decade-plus Pussieldi cover-up is collected in headline links at http://concussioninc.net/?p=8652.

At the time of the Chocron scandal, Travis Tygart was more than a decade away from his emergence as the media hero who, once and for all, exposed Lance Armstrong’s abuse of performance-enhancing drugs. Back in 2001, Tygart was an attorney for USA Swimming’s main law firm, Holme Roberts & Owen of Denver (now Bryan Cave). The organization’s internal documents show that Tygart was the firm person assigned to help coordinate the National Board of Review hearing of the Chocron case.

Coincidentally, Chocron’s crimes occurred while he was an assistant coach for the Bolles Sharks swim club, which operated out of Bolles School in Jacksonville. Tygart himself is a Bolles alumnus. Another of our unanswered questions to Tygart is whether he considered recusing himself from the Chocron investigation – or whether, conversely, his association with and knowledge of Bolles was regarded as a special asset to the investigation.

http://concussioninc.net/?p=9424

On October 4, 2001, the National Board of Review heard the case against the absent Chocron. Four days later the board issued the order banning him.

But USA Swimming didn’t begin publishing its banned list until 2010. (Then, the list numbered 36; now, it is has moved past 100.) In the interim, how did the Colorado Springs-based national sport governing body alert the communities in two countries of Chocron’s sex crimes and whereabouts? Travis Tygart, who was in a position to help do something about that at the time, won’t say.

And what does Tygart think about a molester and fugitive from justice continuing to coach — that it doesn’t matter because it’s happening in another country? Tygart won’t answer that one either.

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't see why you are so hung up on coaches raping underage boys. What is really important is busting athletes in a sport where drug use has been the norm for a hundred and fifty years then pretending it was just the few you caught who were doping.

Aside from protecting a child molester, the only thing Tygart accomplished was destroying American riders to pave the way for unmitigated British doping. Tygart was so focused on making a name for himself at Armstrong's expense that he let the UCI off the hook, and now the Cookson and his cronies are in cahoots with those using motorized bikes to turn the sport into a total farce. Thanks, Travis..

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
This Charming Man said:
DamianoMachiavelli said:

Some interviews are already in the can. Others are around the corner. Sports Illustrated, Bloomberg, ESPN...

It is not set yet but you might be able to get Floyd plus Mr. X's blow by blow commentary for the TdF. Barring the last few stages when Floyd will be in France. Imagine hearing an unvarnished take on what is going down rather than P&P's catch phrase ridding BS.

thehog said:
yaco said:
Never take the Americans seriously - Look at the FBI busting corruption at FIFA - Conveniently their investigation only started in 1995, a year after the USA held the 1994 World Cup - Miracolously FIFA corruption only started in 1995 - No way the FBI would investigate corruption around the 1994 World Cup held in the USA.

Huh? No other country every took interest in FIFA corruption until the FBI were investigating CONCACAF and Chuck Blazer (on a unrelated matter). They also uncovered bribes by Nike and other American companies. Most of the money was also laundered through the US banking system. With the USA in this one FIFA would remain as it was today.

When it comes to USADA you can safely say they've done very little in cycling and other sports, most certainly they protected the henhouse with USAC.

You miss the point of my post - The FBI investigation into dubious practices at FIFA would NEVER look back at the 1994 World Cup because it would affect American citizens - The current investigation into FIFA didn't involve American citizens, except for Chuck Blazer who got a sweetheart deal for rolling over - The FBI would never go after American citizens.

http://www.usada.org/statement-usada-ceo-travis-t-tygart-russian-cyber-espionage-group/
Statement from USADA, CEO, Travis T. Tygart, on Russian cyber-espionage group:

It’s unthinkable that in the Olympic movement, hackers would illegally obtain confidential medical information in an attempt to smear athletes to make it look as if they have done something wrong. The athletes haven’t. In fact, in each of the situations, the athlete has done everything right in adhering to the global rules for obtaining permission to use a needed medication. The respective International Federations, through the proper process, granted the permission and it was recognized by the IOC and USADA. The cyber-bullying of innocent athletes being engaged in by these hackers is cowardly and despicable. It is time for the entire international community to stand up and condemn this cyber-attack on clean sport and athletes rights.”

I'd say "chocolate teapot" :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wonder did Tygart target Armstrong because he is an atheist?

Someone is Armstrong's camp should've dragged him to church a few times.........:D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
It really is time for ordinary police force to start policing topsport.
Frauds like Tygart and Reedie are the teapots of topsport.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Cookson et al put in some effort to redefine the term 'independent'. Now Tygart et al are going to redefine 'clean athlete'?

Tygart is gonna come out of this looking like an absolute clown. I wonder if he still likes his credibility.

Re:

Benotti69 said:

Someone is Armstrong's camp should've dragged him to church a few times.........:D

Check out this study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059841 Here is part of the abstract

Abstract
Recent polls indicate that atheists are among the least liked people in areas with religious majorities (i.e., in most of the world). The sociofunctional approach to prejudice, combined with a cultural evolutionary theory of religion's effects on cooperation, suggest that anti-atheist prejudice is particularly motivated by distrust.

RobbieCanuck said:
Benotti69 said:

Check out this study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22059841 Here is part of the abstract

Abstract
Recent polls indicate that atheists are among the least liked people in areas with religious majorities (i.e., in most of the world). The sociofunctional approach to prejudice, combined with a cultural evolutionary theory of religion's effects on cooperation, suggest that anti-atheist prejudice is particularly motivated by distrust.

I suspect he wanted to further his career and nothing more. He is part of the anti-doping industrial complex or "ADIC" and wanted to land a big fish - a big white fish just to prove he isn't a racist. Landis made that observation of Tygart on meeting him: it was all about Travis Tygart.

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:

It is not just Tygart. After a Swiss court entered a judgement against Kimmage, Floyd sent a few angry messages to USADA people, who had promised him they would go after the UCI and the system in general instead of simply concentrating on LA. Bill Bock responded with a note excusing USADA's actions about that and, apparently, other dubious actions taken by the agency. The note ended with a quote from the Bible about mistakes and forgiveness, which angered Floyd even more because scumbags were using the same book his mother believes in to excuse their own unethical actions.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

DamianoMachiavelli said:
Benotti69 said:

It is not just Tygart. After a Swiss court entered a judgement against Kimmage, Floyd sent a few angry messages to USADA people, who had promised him they would go after the UCI and the system in general instead of simply concentrating on LA. Bill Bock responded with a note excusing USADA's actions about that and, apparently, other dubious actions taken by the agency. The note ended with a quote from the Bible about mistakes and forgiveness, which angered Floyd even more because scumbags were using the same book his mother believes in to excuse their own unethical actions.

No surprise there. The hypocrisy in sport is bigger than the doping.

Tygart doing what Tygart does best, ignoring god loving dopers :cool:

Simon said it was “not uncommon” for him to receive calls from athletes that have questions about tests that have been done by country-specific anti-doping organizations or the International Tennis Federation’s program. “I’m not going to say its an everyday occurrence, but it does happen. There’s always a question about the rules, and it’s a constant education process with the athletes. We try to facilitate that,” Simon said. “I spoke with Travis and said, ‘I think you should give her a call.’ And he said he would.”

What precisely happened next between Williams, the WTA, and the USADA is unclear; all three parties are eager to dismiss a USADA agent occupying the property of the world’s most famous tennis player, and eventually coming away not having administered a test, as not news. A statement from USADA communications director Brad Horn said everything was normal and good:

https://deadspin.com/an-anti-doping-agent-occupied-serena-williams-s-propert-1826993294