• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Trittico Lombardo; 16th, 17th & 18th August

The order of these races has been reversed from previous years, so first up is...

16th August - Coppa Bernocchi (1.1)

Official Site

altimetria.jpg

Slightly different route from last year- there's one extra lap of the Valle Olona circuit (6 in total), and only two laps of the finishing circuit. It's still the most sprinter friendly race of the Trittico Lombardo though.

Startlist

17th August - Coppa Agostoni (1.1)

Official Site

055_ago_perfil.jpg

Giovenzana
smh_pau_giove.jpg

Startlist

18th August - Tre Valli Varesine (1.HC)

Official site

The best is saved until last.
Schermata-2012-08-14-a-10.03.39.png

Startlist

Rai will have live coverage of all three races, so there should be some streams around.

Michele said:
I think it's a smart move to start with Bernocchi as it should be much more fun to watch with a Tre Valli Varesine climax!

Just so long as we get coverage.
I see we have 2 hours live (14-55CET) on RAITRE for Benocchi and Agostoni, but Tre Valli seems only to be on for half an hour, with 2 hours a bit later on RS 2.
I hope the schedules are wrong.

However, I agree.
Having Tre Valli first was not great planning.
Much better to have your anti pasti before the main course.

Even better, they finish just before the Volta begins.

Thanks for the thread Geraint.
I was thinking about making one myself, but just back after a break.......

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Napolitano for the win today: he looked to be in shape at the tour of Wallonie, and his wife just had a child a couple of days ago, so he is very motivated to do well in this race.

1. Emanuele Sella (Androni) 4h25'39''
2. Fortunato Baliani (Nippo) s.t.
3. Danilo Di Luca (Acqua & Sapone) a 2'50''
4. Davide Mucelli (Utensilnord) s.t.
5. Riccardo Chiarini (Androni) s.t.
6. Fabio Taborre (Acqua & Sapone) a 3'08''
7. Giovanni Visconti (Movistar) s.t.
8. Gabriele Bosisio (Utensilnord) s.t.
9. Angelo Pagani (Colnago) s.t.
10. Francesco Failli (Farnese) s.t.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
congrats to sella
acqua e sapone fails again....hopefully for tre valle they won't disappoint

Di Luca said that Betancourt was originally with Sella and Balliani, but was dropped on the Ghisallo,so they started to chase too late.

Visconti instead with another top 10 seems the favourite for winning the diamond, and tomorrow he is going to be one of the men to beat.

The one who most impressed me however is Pozzovivo that rode off very easily from Di Luca group on the Giovenzana.

TRENDING THREADS