• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Trittico Lombardo; 16th, 17th & 18th August

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Proper racing that; loving the new format with the Tre Valli finale.
Canada having a great year.
Visconti threw away a great chance for 2nd, by over-cooking that corner.
It wasn't as if they hadn't seen it before and they were never catching
Veilleux.

I was in Brittany last week and saw that their tour had been won by........
.........David Veilleux.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Go Canada!

Glad to see two Canadian (Quebec!) boys in the top 5 today. Second win for Veilleux in the last two weeks in Europe, along with Parisien picking up a win at the 2.1 Elk Grove stage race in the USA earlier this month. Veilleux really showed his promise with his top 25 finish in Paris Roubaix last year. It was only a matter of time before he pulled off a win like he did today. Let's see if Steve Bauer can convince Veilleux to jump ship over to Spidertech for next year.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
Un Québécois a gagné yay!!!! He's now the big favorite to win in Montreal!!! :)

A Veilleux win is even better than a Madrazo win! And they're both on my CQ team:)

I think the Quebec course suits him better than Montreal? He's sure to be active anyway.

David Veilleux is extremely smart and strategic. I've been very impressed with him in interviews. He's very talented but I expect him to get even better results than his talent would suggest. His personality and style are very different than Voeckler's but I know he's been studying his team leader's ability to spot opportunity.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Tre Valli Varesine offers always a great show althought being ridden in hot summer days.

Chapeau to Veillux cause I really thought he was gonna blow up on the last small climb as he was suffering just for stay in the lead group before making his move.
Di Luca probably the strongest yesterday but that's why cycling is exciting as not always the strongest win.

TRENDING THREADS