• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Trofeo Laigueglia 2022 (March 2)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A shame Rota made the mistake of not responding there, otherwise I think everyone played their hand well in the finale.

I don't think he made a mistake, he just didn't enough have left to do so. And if he had responded, one of the other UAE riders would have won instead.

His biggest mistake was trying to attack five other riders from two teams, when he should have just sat on and saved energy.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Sure, but at that moment in the race, I think it's generally better to make moves than to respond to others. There's always the risk that cooperation fails and a gap suddenly gets big in a short time.

And I don't think he wasted much energy in attacking over the top of the climb.

file2YD2YDSF.jpg

TRENDING THREADS