• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Troll Poll

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Does anyone else find themselves not bothering to even open a thread when they see that the last post was made by Sprocket or CentralCaliBike?

It is a little like when you are driving along the freeway and see a car wreck. You almost have to look.

I think we can all agree that Arbiter/BanProCycling/UnBanProcycling/BritishProCycling/Sprocket1 has taken the trolling to a new level. This is only reasonable.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I have negotiated a prize for the best troll.

Michelob Ultra® the beer of choice of former Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong have kindly offered:

1st Prize: A 6 pack of Michelob Ultra® .

2nd Prize: A years supply of Michelob Ultra® .

Employees and/or interns of Public Strategies are excempt from entering this competition.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
I have negotiated a prize for the best troll.

Michelob Ultra® the beer of choice of former Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong have kindly offered:

1st Prize: A 6 pack of Michelob Ultra® .

2nd Prize: A years supply of Michelob Ultra® .

Employees and/or interns of Public Strategies are excempt from entering this competition.

This is truly sad - I don't drink.

Race Radio said:
It is a little like when you are driving along the freeway and see a car wreck. You almost have to look.

I think we can all agree that Arbiter/BanProCycling/UnBanProcycling/BritishProCycling/Sprocket1 has taken the trolling to a new level. This is only reasonable.

I do think surely we can all agree that this man has serious mental problems and perhaps even deserves the title "king of trolls."

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Does anyone else find themselves not bothering to even open a thread when they see that the last post was made by Sprocket or CentralCaliBike?

All the time. But mostly it is just the Arbiter who I find irritable. Like a bad fart that lingers in the air or living near a sewage treatment works, his writings are foul, the content, logic and context they are placed in, not the language. I asked a question earlier today, 3 or 4 pages later a reply and then it wasn't an acknowledgement but another denial that allowed the trolling to continue. 'My interpretation' was wrong, but then so was that of Publicus, as we said the same exact thing. Sprocket01 ignores the parts he cannot answer directly...because he knows the truth it just doesn't suit his purpose to acknowledge it.

What I find annoying is people baiting both Sprocket01 and CentralCaliBike and then we find twenty or thirty pages in one day on a thread where only 4-5 pages of quality is mentioned. Mostly nothing we haven't heard before. It is repetitive and annoying. Guess thats why it is called trolling. Perhaps collectively we should deal with the moronic statements once and then ignore them...take their power and self serving arguments away.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Ah, come on i thought it was slightly humourous.

Anyway TheArbiter and his other sockpuppets would fill all the top places.

From the smell alone I would hope to get first place instead of second with any type of beer. I just do not understand why people find it enjoyable (at least from a taste point of view) - of course, perhaps it tastes better than it smells.

I think I forgot to mention, I have a hard time passing up anything that is offered for a reasonable price > the question is, is the price reasonable here?

A

Anonymous

i must walk around with my eyes shut.. who are these troll people...?

i just assumed everyone in the clinic was a troll:confused:

May 13, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i must walk around with my eyes shut.. who are these troll people...?

i just assumed everyone in the clinic was a troll:confused:

No, only those who come to the clinic and complain that we're discussing PEDs. Oh the horror!

A

Anonymous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

"Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent."

Every single person in this forum is guilty.. Everyone!!

IMO, calling someone a troll is trolling...

Therefore, by making that statement, I must also be a troll... Hmmm, makes you think doesn't it:confused:

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
The Clinic used to be a good forum, until regular posters got a bit over excited about disagreeing with one or two people. Threads get smothered by both sides, and there is little point posting anything of interest as it all gets swallowed up.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Along with MountainGoat, unless I just go in to pwn it then leave.

*marks territory*

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible you could have called this thread troll bait? You know when they untwist their panties they will be all over it.

I honestly thought that after the tour and vuelta were done, the deluded souls would back off into their caves and leave the forums alone.

Mountain Goat said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

"Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent."

Every single person in this forum is guilty.. Everyone!!

IMO, calling someone a troll is trolling...

Therefore, by making that statement, I must also be a troll... Hmmm, makes you think doesn't it:confused:

Darn, just when hypocrisy was been raised to new levels you hold a mirror up.
So much for today's entertainment.:(

mektronic said:
The Clinic used to be a good forum, until regular posters got a bit over excited about disagreeing with one or two people. Threads get smothered by both sides, and there is little point posting anything of interest as it all gets swallowed up.

+100

And that's the problem.

I am assuming that for the handful of folk that enjoy the banter it's fun to do the 'he said she said' dance but to everybody else it's just irritating or boring. But the fact is that meaningful discussion gets lost and so people who might want to contribute don't bother.

So as a moderator I delete posts sometimes and/or PM people asking them to change their behaviour... some apologise and comply ... but there is a hard core that just get aggressive.

I am not a big fan of banning people I would rather that they recognised the impact of their actions and changed their behaviour. But if they don't there is no place in this forum for them in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS