• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Trying to find a bike

I've been looking at some road bikes trying to find one for me to get into cycling. I used to do a bit I guess with triathlons but went away from it and sold my old bike as it got to small and wasn't used. I've been looking at getting a decent one that won't break the bank, but a bike I'll be able to use as I get more into cycling. I've been offered bikes but they've all been too small for me to ride comfortably Any recommendations would be great. Thanks

A few clues might help people to answer you:
Are you riding on or off road?
Are you looking to ride competitively, for exercise, for commuting, or for leisure?
Are you likely to be looking at lengthy rides?
What height and weight and gender are you?
Are you in a mountainous environment?
Would you consider a second hand bike?
Do you have any brand preferences/antipathies?
What country are you in?
What do you consider to be "breaking the bank"?

And why do you expect people to give meaningful advice on such little evidence?

A few clues might help people to answer you:
Are you riding on or off road?
Are you looking to ride competitively, for exercise, for commuting, or for leisure?
Are you likely to be looking at lengthy rides?
What height and weight and gender are you?
Are you in a mountainous environment?
Would you consider a second hand bike?
Do you have any brand preferences/antipathies?
What country are you in?
What do you consider to be "breaking the bank"?

And why do you expect people to give meaningful advice on such little evidence?
On road, exercise then competitive, lengthy rides and most likely hilly. I should've been more clear sorry most likely considering a second hand bike just after brands and models people recommend. Any brand, and New Zealand. Price range is up to 1500NZD

TRENDING THREADS