• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TT loss: Nibali against Wiggins Giro 2013

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How much time will Nibali lose against Wiggins?

• Don't care for sky train in giro, gonna rewatch giro 2010

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nibbles will TT like Vino in '07! _O_

vino-wins-the-itt-by-afp.jpg

:D

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I was tempted to go for less than a minute, but bottled and went for 1-2.

I think we will see a transformation in Nibali's TTing this year, he has underperformed in this regard in the past IMO and I think Specialized will have put a lot of effort in, and then there will be the Vino effect.

(I imagine having Vino in the car will be even more er motivating than Yatesy!! (who will be missed no doubt))

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Nibbles might gain some seconds in the TTT.
Lose about 2.10-2.20 in the long TT and again 40 sec in the MTT, so about 2.30-3.00 min in total.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
2'30 thereabouts

agreed. Folks here aren't considering how "technical" are the "flattish" TT routes-not in Wiggo's advantage at all-plus he doesn't have Porte & Rogers as engines for the TTT- & the Uphill ITT will be very tight....

In fact, I'm ready to say Nibbs will be less that 80 secs down on Wiggo :)

Dekker_Tifosi said:
2'30 thereabouts

Around this i think, i actually voted 1-2 minutes because i thought this was just for the flat ITT but with everything there 2:30 max imo.

I think Nibali has improved his itt this year and the flat itt isn't exactly on long straight roads so i think the loss will be more around the 2 minute mark then the 3 minutes mark.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Leonardus said:
Nibbles might gain some seconds in the TTT.
Lose about 2.10-2.20 in the long TT and again 40 sec in the MTT, so about 2.30-3.00 min in total.

then wiggin will win the giro, just like TDF .. via TT.

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was going to ask why is Nibali targeting the Giro this year given le tour really suits him better but I suppose its his home race etc etc.

But why then did he target the tour last year when the giro really suited him better?

theyoungest said:
In terms of W/kg, Nibali and Wiggins aren't too far apart. So 2 minutes on a TT where neither should have much advantage over the other seems excessive.

1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling (1.9,69) 1:04:13 479 watts - 6.95 w/kg

16 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale (1.8,63) 1:07:51 403 watts - 6.39 w/kg

http://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/ProRaceAnalysis.aspx

i don't know why, but i expect him to go at least as strong. we'll see if maybe vincenzo improved.

jens_attacks said:
1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling (1.9,69) 1:04:13 479 watts - 6.95 w/kg

16 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale (1.8,63) 1:07:51 403 watts - 6.39 w/kg

http://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/ProRaceAnalysis.aspx

i don't know why, but i expect him to go at least as strong. we'll see if maybe vincenzo improved.
Jesus Christ, almost 7 w/kg for over an hour... why can't he produce that in a regular mountain stage? He'll beat everyone by minutes.

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
60s

If I explained my reasoning the thread would likely end up in the Clinic.

[Yoda mode]The Vino effect strong with him is [/Yoda mode]

TRENDING THREADS