• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TT loss: Nibali against Wiggins Giro 2013

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How much time will Nibali lose against Wiggins?

• Don't care for sky train in giro, gonna rewatch giro 2010

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
contessador said:
Astana to absolute smoke the TTT! And, Nibs is in the best frame of mind and shape ever therefore, he only loses close to a minute in the long ITT and easily makes up time with bonifications.

Nibali FTW

is astana bringing the same team as in trentino to the giro? Sky won that time trial with weaker team :D

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Guess we will have to wait and see if Nibalis trip to Tenerife and his new 6.0w/kg climbing abilities will translate into improved ITT as well. But for now i will say that the best case scenario for Nibali is that he loses 2 minutes.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
He will lose another 2mins 30 seconds in the remaining 2 TT's. If he loses any more then he can forget winning the Giro.

SBW will destroy Nibali in the TTs. I am guessing around 4-5 minutes. And he will hold his own well enough on the climbs.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Guess we will have to wait and see if Nibalis trip to Tenerife and his new 6.0w/kg climbing abilities will translate into improved ITT as well. But for now i will say that the best case scenario for Nibali is that he loses 2 minutes.

Where did you get those values from?
6w/kg is not enough to win a GT, you need like 6.4-6.7
As an example look at Froome, in Oman in February he was already at 5.94w/kg, he will be unbeatable by the time he gets to the Tour

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it will be a massive blowout like some are predicting. The flat TT, whilst technical, will obviously be adv Wiggins. I'd say around 2:30 mins. The MTT however, I can only see a difference of around 20 seconds. So, under 3 minutes for me.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
As an example look at Froome, in Oman in February he was already at 5.94w/kg, he will be unbeatable by the time he gets to the Tour

We made a lot of comparisons to last year, but the data always needs to be interpreted. One thing’s sure: I am one kilo less than last year, now at 65kg, and the values are looking good,” he said. “I could ride with an average of 380 to 390 watts. I feel stronger than last year. I know I will be very competitive at the Giro.”

10 characters

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
As far as I have read the first half is very twisty and tecnically whihc should suit Nibali. So I think Wiggo will make the biggest difference in the 2nd half.

dhawk97 said:
I don't think it will be a massive blowout like some are predicting. The flat TT, whilst technical, will obviously be adv Wiggins. I'd say around 2:30 mins. The MTT however, I can only see a difference of around 20 seconds. So, under 3 minutes for me.

You forgot to add the 14 seconds already won by Wiggins in the TTT which will bring the total to over 3 mins.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:

That's in a 1 week race, on much shorter climbs. Andy & Contador did about 6.0/6.1 on the long climbs in the tdf 2010

May 9, 2012
Visit site
dhawk97 said:
Still, Sky won it?

So, Puccio will finish in front of Nibali on the Time trial? TTT doesn't say anything about individual performance. If anything, yesterday told us more about Wiggins' "safe" approach to risky bike handling situations, which a twisty TT could include and should benefit Nibali.

TRENDING THREADS